Author Topic: When was this made  (Read 760 times)

Offline mbk1942

• Trade Count: (0)
When was this made
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »
H & R Sell loading 32  Serial number 9080. can anyone help with this information. Aslo what would it be worth, my insurance company needs to know.

Offline 32 Magnum

• Contributor
Re: When was this made
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:38:27 AM »
The .32 Self Loading Model was in production from circa 1914 to circa 1924.  Approx. 34,000 +/- 500 were produced.  That serial number was produced, based upon the production span and a good guess, around 1915.  Yours is a 2nd Variation and will/should have 16 lines in the slide grip area (serrations).  Condition is everything - current RETAIL SELLING prices range from $375 +/- $50 in excellent condition, down to around $200 in fair condition.  Several years ago, excellent condition pieces were routinely selling for in excess of $400 - this is where I would valua the piece for insurance purposes.

Jim Hauff, H&R Collector and Contributing Editor for H&R Firearms to "THE BLUE BOOK OF GUN VALUES" by S. Fjestad
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012

Offline mbk1942

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:11:23 AM »
Thank you very much.  The orginal gripswere missing when I was given the gun, so I had some make from hard wood. And yes there are 16 stripes (groves) on the slide handle. Do you know where I might be able to get a spare clip.  Mine is in good shape but it would be nice to have a spare.
Mike

Offline 32 Magnum

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 02:30:18 PM »
mbk - for a magazine try here:  http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=7885

This is the Numrich site - they list an original RIGHT grip panel for your gun - no left panels.  Check out the H&R and Harrington & Richardson listings on:  www.gunbroker.com  and  www.auctionarms.com  .
You may have to return to those sites for a couple months, but pairs do show up from time to time.
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012