Author Topic: Restrictions  (Read 386 times)

Offline carronader

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • What? me worry.
Restrictions
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:37:36 AM »
Some of you guys have  maybe read some comments about restrictions to owning or live fire of model cannons in UK. Here's another one . Unless you continue to guard your freedoms with responsible attitudes , educate , persuade ,promote safe build and use ................this could be coming to a news channel near you !  film at eleven ?  Once the authorities get the public behind bans , controls , safety , you my friends are on the slippery slope .This Forum ticks all of the boxes .........but they don't control You !   Everybody who shoots cannons in the U.S. should remember the UK alternative.  Old Woman ?  Me ?  I don't think so.

Please Note

I have incorporated modifications within this design that keep the finished model legal and within the United Kingdoms Gun Laws.  In 2005 at a Model Engineering Show, I saw a sign saying that an exhibit had been withdrawn.  I later spoke to the exhibitor and he told me that an over zealous police officer had confiscated the model a few days before the show and had it crushed.  The model was made from a window sash cord weight, only a few inches in length.

Scottish by birth and by heart.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 04:19:15 AM »
carronader,

This is something  that I worry about every time I see some boob on youtube trying to blow himself up
with a homemade  "Cannon" or when we get reports like the fellow in Pa. last year who had a ricochet
land in a neighbor's house or the fort that hit someone with a rammer.

I think this site stresses safety which is the most important aspect of keeping more restrictions off
our hobby, we still must remain vigilant that new laws and restrictions are not loaded through the
back door.

Allen <><
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Zulu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
Re: Restrictions
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 04:40:48 AM »
If we can successfully govern ourselves, we are less likely to be governed by others.  The problem is reaching those that are unreachable.  It takes intelligence to perceive ignorance.  So those that are trying to blow themselves up don't know that they are stupid.
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com