Author Topic: Anyone use a Barska spotting scope?  (Read 419 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Anyone use a Barska spotting scope?
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »
I need a spotting scope for range use, practicing 100-200 yds.  Sportsmens Guide has the Barska 20-60, 60mm for a very reasonable price. I need some feedback if anyone has actually used it.  It doesn't have to be a expensive top of the line scope for this range work but I dont want to get something that is a complete waste either. I wear glasses so eye relief is a questions too. Thanks.
Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Tackleberry

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
  • That's not a gun---This is a gun....
    • mil
Re: Anyone use a Barska spotting scope?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »

I have one that works very well...I wish I had gotten one with the off set eye piece though for ease of use. Lens seem clear and bright and I can definitely see bullet holes at 100 yards with it...
David Berry
LCDR USN (ret)
NRA Life member
Texan by birth and the grace of GOD
OLE MISS graduate

Offline JW307

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:30:46 AM »
The model I have is called a Barska Blackhawk and it gets good customer reviews.  I'm not sure if it's the same model you are looking at or not, they make a cheaper one.  I bought mine at Cabela's for around $160 I believe.  I played with every lower-priced scope in the store for comparison including a low end Leupold, a Burris, and several others.  For the price the optics and magnification range on the Barska were really pretty good.  I carry mine around in the truck everywhere I go and use it at the range and it does everything I need it to.

Jake

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »
The one I was looking at online was the cheaper one, around $55 I think. Did anyone look at that one?
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 09:07:26 AM »
I have the 20-60 and it does all i need at 100-200yds I was having trouble seeing the 204 holes, can see them now.
I think i paid 79-$89. for it at cabelas now at cabelas they are $129.00
on sale
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.