Author Topic: KONUS SCOPES  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Merle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
KONUS SCOPES
« on: January 08, 2010, 06:02:49 AM »
Greetings,

I tried doing a search for this brand, but got 8 pages of messages, none of which contained the name.
So I will post my question & hope for the best.

Does anyone have any actual experience with these scopes?
I'd like to hear your opions & if you would buy another one.

Thanks

??? ??? ???

Offline Thebear_78

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: KONUS SCOPES
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 04:37:53 PM »
I  haven't shot one of thier scopes yet but have held a few of them and have been pretty impressed with them.  I have a pair of 20x60 binoculars that are made by konus.  I have used them for 3 years now and have been very impressed with them.  I have had zero problems with these and they have been wet and bounced around on my 4 wheeler for three moose seasons.  I'm plannin on trying out one of the M30 konus 1.5-6 scopes on my ar to check it out.  Overall they look very good.

Offline Merle

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:42:01 AM »
I  haven't shot one of thier scopes yet but have held a few of them and have been pretty impressed with them.  I have a pair of 20x60 binoculars that are made by konus.  I have used them for 3 years now and have been very impressed with them.  I have had zero problems with these and they have been wet and bounced around on my 4 wheeler for three moose seasons.  I'm plannin on trying out one of the M30 konus 1.5-6 scopes on my ar to check it out.  Overall they look very good.

OK, thanks for the feedback. I googled them & all of the reviews I found were positive, so .......

:-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Thebear_78

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 11:06:54 AM »
The 20x80 glasses I have are very clear and compare very comparingly to my nikon spotting scope,  they gather an unbelievable amount of light for low light glassing.  I'm not worried about the quality of the glass. the only thing that remains to be tested is the click adjustment.  If that is consistant then we have a very good product for low price.  I doubt it will replace all of the leupold and ziess i my gun cabnet but it will be a nice lower price alternative.

Offline ardeekay

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:40:51 AM »
I have a Konus-pro scope, 3x10x40 or something, its not with me now, but I looked at a used one, liked it, and bought a new one, supposed to have etched crosshair... gas charged with some gas other than nitrogen... anyway, I got it, mounted it on a rifle, took it to my range and sighted in.  My feelings on it now are that the optics are not "Nikon" clear, but OK.. The crosshairs are fine.. a bit too fine.. great for target work, but I don't know if I would be able to see them in a low-light-dawn-brushy situation.  I recently bought a Redfield...'Revolution', ( made in USA) for about what I paid for the Konus... its a 3x9x40, and I feel its superior to the Konus by a bit.  hope this helps.. Bob

Offline Merle

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:04:23 AM »
The 20x80 glasses I have are very clear and compare very comparingly to my nikon spotting scope,  they gather an unbelievable amount of light for low light glassing.  I'm not worried about the quality of the glass. the only thing that remains to be tested is the click adjustment.  If that is consistant then we have a very good product for low price.  I doubt it will replace all of the leupold and ziess i my gun cabnet but it will be a nice lower price alternative.

Thaniks for the info.

:) :) :)

Offline Merle

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:07:41 AM »
I have a Konus-pro scope, 3x10x40 or something, its not with me now, but I looked at a used one, liked it, and bought a new one, supposed to have etched crosshair... gas charged with some gas other than nitrogen... anyway, I got it, mounted it on a rifle, took it to my range and sighted in.  My feelings on it now are that the optics are not "Nikon" clear, but OK.. The crosshairs are fine.. a bit too fine.. great for target work, but I don't know if I would be able to see them in a low-light-dawn-brushy situation.  I recently bought a Redfield...'Revolution', ( made in USA) for about what I paid for the Konus... its a 3x9x40, and I feel its superior to the Konus by a bit.  hope this helps.. Bob

Yes it does. The fine crosshairs could be a problem, even if they are illuminated. For the price, I wouldn't expect world class lens, but as long as they aren't too bad they may be worth a second look.

:) :) :)

Offline jburris2001

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »
i just got my konus pro 6x40 (to be mounted on my 500 handi) today. nice looking scope, optics nice and clear, can see 75 yards clear just by the moonlight. and for the $40 bucks i payed for it, im impressed so far. will let you know more once its mounted. bought it off line from bhphotovideo.com have a lot of stuff cheap priced