Author Topic: Scored some range brass this week  (Read 464 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Scored some range brass this week
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:24:28 AM »
Lots of new shooters at our public range, and I decided to check out the brass left behind once the ice thawed earlier this week. Came home with a full plastic coffee can, the large size! Most was pistol brass but at least 100 223 Rem cases too  8)

I hope to return after work to finish my clean up operation!  Had to leave the other afternoon as I was running out of daylight and my hands were frozen. Lots of mud, H20, and crud but it all cleans up really nice. Gotta love new shooters who leave their brass for us to clean up.
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline 300HH

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Scored some range brass this week
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:59:18 AM »
Yeah, I find lots of 30-06 and 7mag, like you I clean them up keep the 7mag and resize 30-06 to 25-06

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
Man I remember those days..... :P
Now days not much around. >:(
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 12:15:29 PM »
I like it when the local cops come out to shoot , they don't pay for the ammo and none of them load , awhile back I lucked into just under 900 once fired 223's , ( PMC Comm. ) happened to stop by the club just as they were done with their AR's .

Also picked up around 2000 mixed 9mm , 40's and 45 autos . they do that 4 times a year -- Timing is everything though , I'm not the only brass scrounger at the club .  :D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:24:14 AM »
Stimpy now that is a HAUL!  Timing is everything  8)
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline mbopp

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 06:37:03 AM »
I was at the range once with a buddy of mine, he was shooting his .45. He had a guy come up to him and asked if he reloaded,  Mike said yes. The guy then gave gave him 2 double handfulls of once-fired .45 commercial brass, still warm.
There's a fair amount of 357 Sig sometimes, must be not many people load for it. 9mm and .40 too.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government, lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." -- Patrick Henry, American Patriot

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 08:06:28 AM »
 yeah 9mm and 40s are the most common brass I have found by far.
Sometimes 45s, and only occasionally rifle brass at all.