Author Topic: Forster Co-Ax press  (Read 396 times)

Offline tangob5

• Trade Count: (0)
Forster Co-Ax press
« on: January 22, 2010, 07:20:37 AM »
Going to purchase a press and this was recommended by a friend over a RCBS or Hornady.  Anyone curently using one of these presses?  Likes or dislikes?  Reliability, ease of use, and results are my prime considerations for a single stage press. Price is not an issue. 

Offline Larry Gibson

Re: Forster Co-Ax press
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 08:17:32 AM »
Excellent press for prescission reloading.  I use one but then I also use a Pacific (Hornady now) singles stage and my Dillon SDB and 550B.  The Forster is getting more use these daysthough.  Get extra Forster lock rings for your non-Forster dies.  Midway has them.  I highly recommend the press.

Larry Gibson

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
Wanting a single stage press and price not being an issue , you can not go wrong with the co-ax , very well built and as easy to use as any of the others , I'm still not sure if I like the way the dies go in or not though .  ???

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline jager

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »
I have owned just about every brand of single stage press over the last 40 years, but the "Co-Ax" is my favorite, bar none. It is "super" strong, easy to change dies ("snaps" in and out), and you don't have to have a collection of "shell holders" when switching calibers.

Offline tangob5

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 02:16:03 AM »
I thank you gentlemen for your responses.  From your response and researching it on the net looks like I'm getting the Forster.

Offline bagdadjoe

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
I've had the same one since about 1980....I think it's almost broke in.  I bought a Dillon back in the fall and kept it long enough to load about a box of 45's...and sold it.  Too much complication....never was confident I hadn't double charged one by accident.  Co-ax is great if you shoot single shots....or if you don't.  I've had several AR's and Garands and loaded all I needed with it.  The only thing I don't like is loading itty-bitty calibers like a 9mm.  But then, I don't like the 9 anyway...so, no problem...sold 'em all.  Now all is bliss!
Seriously...you won't wear it out and I've loaded some incredibly accurate ammo with mine.
"By all means, make friends with the dog...but do not set aside the stick".