Author Topic: Bullet mold for front stuffer  (Read 453 times)

Offline neon frizzen

• Trade Count: (0)
Bullet mold for front stuffer
« on: November 06, 2003, 03:16:17 PM »
I have a tc newenglander 54 cal that aint much to look at but for offhand shootin is one of my favorites. I have a ruger #3 45 70 that shoots (or aims)the same way. I have a bullet mold for the ruger which i have worked out to a teee. But every year I have to look for ballets for my blackpowder gun and can never find the same weight etc etc for my blackpowder gun. I can order ballets from midway but i'd rather cast my own. 1 less variable Can anyone here suggest a 54 cal bulletmold for a tompson newenglander 1 and 44 twist for huntinTIA

Offline Bob/FLA

• Avid Poster
Mould
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 06:29:19 PM »
With a 1:44 twist, that bbl should shoot the TC Maxi bullets pretty well.  I had a renegade with a fast twist that shot both ball and bullet well enough to win a few matches, but for hunting I preferred the maxi.  You can order it from TC.  Hope this helps.
Thanks!
Bob

Visit our website at:
www.nativeamericanarchery.com
Or contact us at:
naa@nativeamericanarchery.com

Offline warf73

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 12:23:47 AM »
I have some cast bullets I shoot in my old 54cal. If you like I will send you some so you can see if you like how they shoot in your smoke pole. Before going out and buying a mould.

There out of Pure Lead (I think it is never tested it) and dipped in home made lube (50%Bees Wax and 50% Virgin Olive Oil (they say it was virgin seemed a little loose to me..LOL)

They seem to be fairly accurate I pour .54 for me and .50 for my dad and his friend.

If you want 10 or so drop me a Email@ rcox21@cox.net
"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
a jar of jalapenos.  What you do today, might burn
your ass tomorrow."

Offline jpaulghetto

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 01:16:39 AM »
I've been casting the Lee REAL slug in .54. 380 gr. So far I've had some real promising results in 2 hawken rifles, both 1-48 twist.  Also softer seem better as far as alloy is concerned. The mold is cheap. I'd recommend it.