Author Topic: Firestar Opinions:  (Read 822 times)

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Firestar Opinions:
« on: November 22, 2009, 03:01:32 PM »
Years ago I was very impressed by the look and feel of the Firestar in 45. 7 shot, compact. I am sure I could find one.Does anyone have firsthand expirience with this 45? Secondhand? Rumors? Grafitti?  
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Firestar Opinions:
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 03:26:28 AM »
I did own one for a vary short time, wasnt impressed with the way it shot, and there was a issue with the trigger of or something I just cant remember, Yes they do feel good MT but when it comes to shooting it didnt get the job done, I actually traded it to a parts dealer who said he could fix it or take it apart and recover what he had it in quickly in PArts.   jIM

Offline DDZ

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »
I bought a Firestar in 40 s&w cal. around 15 years ago. Its an easy gun to conceal, and I've had no problems with it. The only thing I didn't really like was the length of the grip. I bought an extension that fit on the magazine that allows an extra round to be loaded, and my hand fits the grip nicely. Its not all that accurate, but what gun that size is. Its accurate enough for what purpose it serves.  I think its a well made gun for the money.     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline CB lastmanout

• Trade Count: (41)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 07:32:33 AM »
I was really into pistol shooting when the firestar came out (Mid 1990's). It is heavy for it's size, the grip is short (as mentioned), has a so-so trigger, the safety is not handy for my hands(condition one), and it is out of production (I think). The 9mm's where pretty accurate, never shot a 40, the 45's got bought and sold quickly-nobody seeemed to keep one long. I now havd a Glock compact 38-same size as a 19.23,etc. I like it a lot for concealed carry. It never jams, good accuracy, parts and clips are available. I would pass on the Firestar and hold out for a Glock, Smith M&P, Sig etc..

Offline rawhidekid

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
The gun was good in all the small cals, I.E. 9mm & 40 S&W.  The .45 auto was too powerful and unless you had the starvel finish the blue model cracked slides.  Again great gun in 9 & .40 stay away from the .45. 8)
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman

Offline oldgoat45

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
I have one in .45, not very accurate and has a very poor trigger pull. Long and crunchy. Had the triger cleaned up and seemed to help some. So, so gun and I wouldn't rely on it for sd.