Author Topic: What to get?  (Read 537 times)

Offline GillDog

• Trade Count: (0)
What to get?
« on: November 03, 2003, 03:48:35 PM »
I live in Sitka, Alaska and I am looking for a good spotting scope. I want to get one that is no more than about $400 or $500. My passion is goat hunting and I need something that I can pick out a nice billy with. It needs to be weather proof since it rains quite a bit in Southeast Alaska. Idealy it will not be super heavy or bulky. Does anyone have any recmondations for me?
Ben

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
What to get?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 06:01:18 PM »
Not sure if it will stay within the budget but the Leupold 12-40 spotting scope is really highly thought of as a hunting scope. The way it is made it is really rather compact and rugged for hunting use. I think the B&L Elite is brighter and clearer but really is too large and heavy to be considered a hunting scope. This is one place I think Leupold has the better idea for a hunting scope.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline TheOpticZone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
What to get?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 01:05:34 AM »
One that I think is an outstanding spotting scope and is very sleek looking, it the Nikon Spotter XL 16-47x60 roof style.  It is waterproof, fogproof and shockproof.  It is lightweight, a little over 1.5lbs.  Excellent optics, period..
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!