Author Topic: cannon-mania info  (Read 1601 times)

Offline BLACKPOWDER

• Trade Count: (0)
cannon-mania info
« on: February 10, 2010, 05:45:37 AM »
Greetings Everyone,

Has anyone physically been to Cannon-mania since the move from conneticut? Can't get any info on my order, any help would be appreciated.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: cannon-mania info
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:52:58 AM »
Welcome to the site! I don't know if you will find anyone who has done much business
with Canonmania I have never seen any discussions about something someone has bought
from them.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 07:14:38 AM »
Theirs been plenty of feedback on cannon-mania here and its all been negative.. I'm sure DoubleD or Cat Whisperer can bring these post up..

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 08:52:05 AM »
He is pretty much just a reseller anyway. He buys stuff, adds profit, and resells. I know in some cases he is selling stuff he doesn't have in stock, and then ordering it just like you would order it yourself, but adding profit. For instance, I ordered a ball mold that was "in stock". He never sent it. He eventually told me he didn't atcually have any and it was  "back ordered". It took me about a year of continually asking to get my money back. All the details are posted here someplace way back.

What do you want to buy? We can probably find the original manufacturer and bypass this risky middle man for you.

Offline BLACKPOWDER

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:43 AM »
Thanks Rickk, unfortunately a friend of mine and myself have paid for a cannon we ordered september of 09. We are just trying to get our money back or the product, all of our contact methods have been ignored.

Offline rampa room artillery

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
yep sounds just about right,

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 12:03:35 PM »
Did you use a credit card? Check? Money Order? are you in a different state than he is?

If you did a credit card you can do a charge back.

If check or M.O. you can go the mail fraud route especially if out of state I would say get the postal inspectors involved

you paid for this 6 months ago and still do not have the product.... with no response this looks like fraud.

I think it's time to hold his feet to the fire.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline KABAR2

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
We have in the past allowed people to voice the complaints about companies that have not provided service so others may avoid also becoming victims. We do want to hear what happened.

We have to be very strict on this.  You are allowed to post facts only. Dates, time, amount, action take, responses.  No name calling, no ancedotes, first hand personal experience only. No one else is allow to comment or express the feelings, unless they are also expressing first hand experience.

We will not /can not get involved in helping you recover your loss.

We are also a bit cautious about a new poster whose first posts on our board is to complain.  Given Cannon-mania's history it easy to see you have legitimate motivation. We welcome you to board, we wish you had come to use first, we would have steered you in the right direction.  

If you have a grievance with Cannon-mania you need to contact the Connecticut State Attorney General Consumers affairs division and file a complaint. This is the only way you have any hope of seeing your money. You will never see the merchandise. http://www.ct.gov/ag/cwp/browse.asp?a=2224

If you go to the search function here in GBO and search cannon-mania and choose the Black powder Mortar and Cannon forum to search you will find 5 pages of  posts.