Author Topic: redfeild or nikon prostaff  (Read 3296 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline sweetwyominghome

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
Re: redfeild or nikon prostaff
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010, 10:17:28 AM »
First of all, Leupolds are not MADE in America. They are ASSEMBLED in America. The glass comes from overseas (Asia), and some other parts are outsourced from foreign countries as well.

Lloyd Smale-Why would you be suprised that your Pro Staff has optics that fall short of the BuckMasters and Monarchs? The ProStaff is the entry-level lineup for Nikon, and while they are good, solid scopes, they are not supposed to measure up to the BuckMasters or Monarch. Otherwise, they'd all be the same price. ;)

You wouldn't expect the Rifleman and VX-3 to be comparable, right?

As to the original poster, I recommend you spend a few extra greenbacks and get the BuckMasters. The price difference is small, but the jump in quality is significant. Or, as someone else pointed out, the Team Primos 3-9x40, which is a re-branded Monarch, is a heck of a deal for $199.

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: redfeild or nikon prostaff
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
Gold standard of American scopes = U. S. Optics

US Optics does make fine glass, but I was even more impressed with Premier Reticle optics.

A lot of guys in "the know" have been shedding their Premiers lately.  I've talked to a guy who owned one who let me play with it.  He has now got rid of it and was going back to a Nightforce F1.