Author Topic: Bullpups???  (Read 667 times)

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Bullpups???
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:43:56 AM »
Hi All,

I'd like to get a bullpup one of these days.  No particular hurry.  I've looked at the Microteck small arms (http://www.msarstg556.com/) (about $1600) and read about the FN.  Anyone own any of these or have suggestions????
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Re: Bullpups???
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
I am torn about bullpups.  I like small guns and I guess I would like to experiment with one if it didn't cost an arm and a leg.  On the other hand I know that weight forward helps me shoot better. The best offhand group I ever shot was with an original trapdoor springfield rifle.

Offline Dances with Geoducks

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:32:17 PM »
The Mossberg 500 pup really sucked

Im glad my ex-wife stole it

Offline sachel.45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
kel-tec makes one
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:38:45 AM »
Quote from: sachel.45
Kel-tec makes one

Yes Kel-tec does, and I've NEVER heard a dadburn thing about them!  If anyone knows about the Kel-tec .308's please share.

I too like the idea of a [rugged and dependable] .308Win bullpup or short carbine.

Offline targshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:48:21 AM »
Owned a Stery AUG in the 1980s. Detested the firearm. A traditional stock is much quicker for offhand shots, is also easier to point in any position. Also disconcerting is the mechanism at your cheek and transmitting vibrations to your ear. To me, this type of weapon is for tank crews, airplane crews and other limited space applications. I really recommend handling one, and if possible shooting one before buying one of these configuration firearms. I did not and was sorely disappointed. This is subjective of course, and anyone who likes this type of firearm, please chime in. I would enjoy reading the merits for this type over the traditional chamber forward configuration as put forth by one favoring the bullpup. .

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
Quote from: sachel.45
Kel-tec makes one

Yes Kel-tec does, and I've NEVER heard a dadburn thing about them!  If anyone knows about the Kel-tec .308's please share.

I too like the idea of a [rugged and dependable] .308Win bullpup or short carbine.

check ktog.org they've got a section on the rfb
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:51:07 PM »
I can see where having the muzzle blast of a high power that close to your face might be a little disconcerting. I was thinking something like a 22 or pistol caliber would make a handy truck gun.