Author Topic: Deer huntings effect on our economy  (Read 530 times)

Offline ARMallardSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
Deer huntings effect on our economy
« on: November 05, 2003, 12:25:29 PM »
I thought this was very interesting....

Top 5 States by annual retail sales of hunting related products......

Texas......1.7 Billion
Pennsylvania........1.1 Billion
Wisconsin........960 Million
New York............891 Million
Alabama.............799 Million

What deer hunters spent on travel and gear.....

Food/refreshments...............1.1 Billion
Lodging..............239 Million
Planes, trains, rental cars...41 Million
Clothes/boots................247 Million
Binos/spotting scopes............79 Million
Rifles................493 Million
Muzzleloaders.................75.7 Million
Bows, arrows, archery gear..........334 Million

Nationwide economic impact of deer hunting

Overall retail sales...........10.6 Billion
Salaries and wages............6.8 Billion
Jobs........239 Million
State income tax.............117 Million
Federal income taxes...............1.2 Billion
Sales and motor fuel tax..............410 Million

If no one hunted deer...........alot of people would be in trouble.
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange landing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!!!!!!!

ARMallardSlayer

Offline 1911crazy

• Trade Count: (0)
Deer huntings effect on our economy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 02:39:34 PM »
swwqqqqI spend $$$ in the state I'm hunting in rather than my home state just for that reason here at home they have a lottery system for deer hunting that isn't working the deer popluation is exploding here in CT.  I applied so many times and got nothing.  I purchased land in Vermont(the misses wanted me too) to hunt up there I can walk in any store and get my big game license no problem no hassle. So i spend my cash up there and help out the local businesses.  I hunt in Vermont every year since '73!!!!!                                                              BigBill

Also in Mass. they have legal off road trail riding for ATV's and dirtbikes and its awesome if  Vermont would open up land for this it would also it would also be more revenue.  Another big plus is the snowmobile trails can be maintained by the summer off road atv & dirtbike riders too so everyone shares the load.  I purchased my Quad in Mass. at a dealer there because of there support for offroad riding.  Its a win/win situation for everyone. Again too bad the dealers in Ct. lose again!!!!  Since they don't want to band together and fight for whats right.  We pay for registration,  buy gas/oil, we buy food "breakfast, Lunch & Dinner" we buy parts, we buy riding gear & clothes up there too.  WE rode almost  every weekend???

At my camp in Vermont my son cut some bike trails and the very next deer season the deer came up those trails to go up on the ridge above us so its a win / win for all the trail riders/ the snowmobile riders/ and the hunters too we all make out.