Author Topic: center point  (Read 826 times)

Offline APEX PREDATOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
center point
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:42:21 AM »
i was at wallmart just looking around and saw the centerpoint ar22 series milidot reticle the reticle glows from black to red or green 3-9-40 50.00 bucks
does anyone have like it
thanks
There is nothin higher on the food chain than me

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: center point
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »
I bought one for a muzzleloader barrel but have never used it, put it on a ruger 1 but have never shot it. I find that it is just a little too big for my likeing but for the money It seems to be ok.

Deaconllb

Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline APEX PREDATOR

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »
how is the reticle when lit up

Offline dks7895

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 06:55:51 AM »
I purchased the CenterPoint Adventure Class 4-16x40AO for my Stevens 200 in .223 Rem.  This scope has surpassed my expectations.  It's quite clear, holds zero, and focuses well.  The illuminated mil-dot reticle is kinda cool, and functions well.  It's not high-end glass, but the Stevens 200 is not a high-end rifle either.  A match made in heaven if you ask me.  I feel in this price range, it's far better than the Barska/Tasco/BSA/Bushnell offerings.
Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR; Crosman Powermaster 760 .177; Crosman Storm XT .177; Mission X3

Offline aglass1987

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:45:39 AM »
I have one of the centerpoint 3-9x32s with lighted mildot reticle. I've owned it for about a year, never had a problem with it. Very clear scope. I've had iit mounted on a mini 14, handi 204, marilin 17hmr, and currently its on my marlin 22 mag. Held zero everytime and is well worth the money. It has proven (so far) to be one of the best scopes i've bought.

Offline APEX PREDATOR

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 10:54:27 AM »
thanks i use the cheap simmons on my 243 and hasnt lost zero for like 5 years and 8 deer later.thanks will tri it then

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »
i have 3 4x16 with lighted mildot.
they are on 270win,223,204 they work fine.
with the light on low they are to bright and blind you
for night use.other than that they seem to be a nice
scope for the money.
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline bagdadjoe

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Contributor
Re: center point...my take
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 10:43:43 AM »
I just bought one of the 4x16's from the mart, mainly because my rifle has been sitting for two months waiting for the scope I was going to buy when my friend paid me for the blackpowder pistol I sold him at half price.  I can only thumb twiddle so long.
My initial take on this scope is that it is much, much clearer than I had even hoped it would be.  I expected fuzz and blur.  As a professional photographer for better than 20 years, I've looked through some of the best glass, Nikon, Zeiss, and others on some of the highest end cameras and I am very picky about optics.  In that respect, she passed admirably.  Go ahead and get some good rings and ditch the ones that come with it. They are way too high.  Apparently chinese know nothing about firearms...well, maybe AK's.  I thought I might use them anyway, but when I bore sighted, they were about 4 feet off laterally and 2 feet vertically at 100 yds.  I switched to some Burris Signatures I already had and wasn't but a few inches off either way.  I agree the lighted reticle is best for midday in the Sahara, but I don't do much dusk/dawn shooting and the lowest setting would probably work.  I mounted it on a .223 Handi, so hopefully recoil  won't be a problem. It is heavy, but that doesn't bother me.  The whole rig still isn't as heavy as a bolt gun with a bull barrel which is what I would have if I wanted to spend several hundred more bucks.  I'll update this after I wring it out, but the crosshairs move like they're supposed to, the power ring rotates smoothly...every thing seems to work ok, so barring a direct hit from an asteroid, I expect it will work fine for me.
"By all means, make friends with the dog...but do not set aside the stick".

Offline APEX PREDATOR

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »
thanks for your replys plan on getting one.