Author Topic: new pardner 12 ga. shell loading problem  (Read 431 times)

Offline Stetsonguy

• Trade Count: (0)
new pardner 12 ga. shell loading problem
« on: February 19, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »
Hello folks.  Today I bought a new pardner 12 gauge pump protector with 18.5 inch barrel.  For some reason when I engage the pump the shell stop won't move far enough to let a shell drop down so it can be cycled into the chamber.  I have to stick a screwdriver or something in there to push it all the way out from under the shell for the shell to drop down.  I bought the gun from academy and they don't accept any returns or exchanges on firearms so how do I fix this maddening problem?

Offline TxGun

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
  • Retired
Re: new pardner 12 ga. shell loading problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 06:45:34 PM »
Could be the gun is just new and tight. Granted, not what one would/should expect, but...my suggestion is a real good cleaning and then cycle the action (without loading) a couple hundred times. I think that's what I would try before thinking about sending it in. Good luck.   

Offline Stetsonguy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 03:47:02 AM »
Well the owners manual only shows how to take the barrel out and clean it.  It doesn't say how to take the rest of the gun apart.
 In fact it says the action doesn't need to be cleaned.  So I have no idea how to strip the gun down to clean inside there.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 04:49:25 AM »
Call CS or take it to anyone who knows about 870s since its supposed to be a clone. I never had this problem with an 870 though.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun