Author Topic: Scope jar on M-1 A's, M-1 Garands and Mini-14's?  (Read 485 times)

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
Scope jar on M-1 A's, M-1 Garands and Mini-14's?
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:09:19 AM »
I have one of the new Mini-14's and Ruger says in their catalog that they come with a recoil buffer to help stabilize the scope from any jarring due to recoil.  I know that buffer tech offers an aftermarket one, which I assume is for the older model Mini.  This got me thinking as the M-1 A (M-14) and the M-1 Garand D and C models have scopes, wouldn't the heavy jarring of the 30-06 and .308 hitting the receiver cause the scope to get shaken up quite abit, and need frequent replacement?

I know that there is a strong following for the M-14 right now, but I have not heard of any problems. 

Offline Mnswede

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Scope jar on M-1 A's, M-1 Garands and Mini-14's?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »
I believe that with a quality scope you wouldn't have a worry.  I own a M21 which is the M1A rifle with a Leupold Mark 4 10X scope and have fired several thousand rounds through the rifle with scope and have had not problems with the scope breaking etc.  The only scopes that I could think of that you could have problems with the scope not taking the recoil and or breaking would be cheap China scopes.