Author Topic: "H&R Shotgun Neighbors Helped Me"  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
"H&R Shotgun Neighbors Helped Me"
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »
Times change,  Mrs Rhonda and I live in a shotgun only deer state now, so no need for the .243 or .308 rifles. I had to get her a sluggun and the barrel was purchased from Spanky about a month ago. It needs to be drilled and tapped for the score base. She likes her Weaver 2X thats on her NEF muzzleloader barrel, so her 20 smooth bore sluggun will wear the same. It's a sweet package and I may have to sneak it to the deer stand! ;D

The next is a traded 410 barrel that fit excellently on my Rabbit Hunting Shorty. With one post I have seen
about the real rabbit hunter I had to relook my status. The son and I shot some cans on the ground and I think I'm ready to regain my name in the family as the "Real Bunny Buster"! Thanks for the help MSP Ret for putting me back on top with the 410 barrel.

Thanks to two great members!

Froghunter
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
Re: "H&R Shotgun Neighbors Helped Me"
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 12:17:19 PM »
 Them are some nice guns. Sweet.

Lonny

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
Yes, I agree, those are a couple of fine looking shotguns...Congratulations, and have fun with them in the future. The next picture I see them in should have some game animals lying next to them....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »
looks like you got it all togather now go have fun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
just for the heck of it you should try some slugs out of the .410. I do believe there has been some discussion here before of deer being taken with the .410 and slugs, and taken cleanly too, it all has to do with shot placement and range IIRC....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »
You got the 20 ga. looking good with the lam stocks. Should make a dandy little slug gun for her. I have another 20 ga shorty like that with a 4x simmons on it and it's a joy to carry and shoot.
Good luck with 'em and show us some game pics. :D

Spanky

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »
yep, the laminated stocks look real nice, but those walnut stocks on the .410 are real class!!! And those dark walnut stocks look especially nice with the nickeled reciever....<><....:)
I think they are both set up GREAT!!!!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
I like them guns.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 12:30:02 AM »
Thanks Guys,

MSP Ret the 410 may get slugs shot through it for groundhog, but not for deer. The G-man in Delaware only alouds the minmun of the 20 guage with slug or buck shot. I am going to order the rings for the two slugguns this week and get the bits and taps for the job of adding the scope bases. I kind of slacked on this years hunting season. I told the wife yesterday that I will coach spring baseball, but no more coaching fall baseball for the Little League, Time Management is a hard thing to control. I think the only harvest pictures for right now with Mrs. Rhonda sluggun is paper punching with slugs and you may see a groundhog or two with the 410. May take the boy to the daire farm to shoot some blackbirds and starlings, good practice for dove season.

There are four 410s that are close to me and I'm really thinking about getting a forcing cone and choke reamer to see if I can get them to pattern good at the ranges we shoot the rabbits. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, the full choke is just to tight.

Froghunter

PS: I will never go back to a case harded or blued receiver. My hands sweat to much!
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 01:32:47 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics. As Beaver Cleaver would say, "Those are some swell looking guns."

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 03:39:56 AM »
Nice Guns Froghunter! When you mention Spanky and MSP ret you are talking about a couple of stand up guys.

Offline Joe S.

• Trade Count: (30)
  • A Real Regular
  • The poisonous mushroom!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 03:13:19 AM »
that 410 is purdy!! :o
Joe S.
Central MS

"An armed society is a polite society."

redistribute work ethic!