Author Topic: LEUPOLD FX-II 4x33mm PROBLEM?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline p15camborne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
LEUPOLD FX-II 4x33mm PROBLEM?
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
Leupold just returned my scope. I sent it back for parallax adjustment. Now I see two tiny arcs high up in the field of view, on the vertical axis of the reticle, arcs open downward. So I called Leupold. They said must be reflections. I said wasn't there before. They said return it and if necessary they'll repair or replace the scope. I rotate it and the arcs rotate with the reticle, but they get dimmer when they are rotated to the far left. I see this inside the house and outside the house. So isn't caused by a certain light situation. I'll return it to Leupold, but maybe I'll sight it in and shoot it first. Might find another problem. If the arcs are the only problem the scope would work fine. Perhaps I'm being too critical, but I never saw this in my other Leupolds or any other scope. Anyone have any idea what might happened to this scope? Thanks.

Offline Old Grizz

• Contributor
Re: LEUPOLD FX-II 4x33mm PROBLEM?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 12:23:53 AM »
Never heard of that before but I would send right back to them and sight it in after I got it back. They are pretty good folks and will stand behind the warranty.
Marlin 1895G Rules
45-70
Member Team Hornady
Life Member NRA
Member NAHC

Offline p15camborne

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:21:45 AM »
You're right.  I'll send it back today.  

Offline p15camborne

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
Post office tracking says Leupold recieved my scope Wednesday last week.  I called Monday and Tuesday of this week.  The scope still isn't in their system. All they would say is they get alot of packages.   I'll try again tomorrow, Wednesday.  They will have had the scope a week then.

Offline p15camborne

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 07:09:53 AM »
Got a letter from Leupold saying it will be 15 working days to complete my scope.  They say I can track it at Leupold.com.  They say click on resources.  I did that.  Then click on My Info.  I found  no My Info to click on.

Offline p15camborne

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »
Leupold returned the scope. Paperwork said they cleaned internal parts. Scope appears to be as good as new!

Offline sweetwyominghome

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »
Their rep for customer service has always been pretty decent. Let us know how it works once you get to spend some range time with it.

Offline p15camborne

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »
Their rep for customer service has always been pretty decent. Let us know how it works once you get to spend some range time with it.

But the only reason I sent it back this time was they got dirt in the scope adjusting parallax.  So their reputation has fallen some in my eyes.