Author Topic: H&R 30/06 w/Nikon Primos....what rings? please help!  (Read 338 times)

Offline heathlight

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R 30/06 w/Nikon Primos....what rings? please help!
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
New here, so please excuse my request if someone else has already asked this, but I was hoping for some suggestions on what rings to use with this scope, which is of course a 3-9x40. I do have the hammer ext. and the scopes eyepiece is fairly large. I have another nef but with a Nikon Prostaff also in a 3-9x40, but with std medium weaver rings. Not too sure what you guys think, but I am not a fan of these rings, and was hoping to use something else. I just tryed the Redhead Z-2 medium rings, but they put the scope about 3/16" too high, and also completely clears the hammer. I was thinking of trying the Weaver quad lock rings but will have a hard time getting them. Is there anyone out there with close to this combination and in addition getting the scope's objective fairly close to the barrel? Tx in advance!!!

Offline JW307

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: H&R 30/06 w/Nikon Primos....what rings? please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:04:38 PM »
I used low Millett angle-loc windage adjustable rings with a Nikon Buckmaster on on my 223 Ultra and a Nikon Omega on a 45/70 Ultra on the advice of the guys at my local shop.  The rings are nice all steel with a good windage adjustment which makes it super easy to align them.  I'm really happy with them, both rifles shoot great.  I've also used them to mount a 3-9 Weaver on a Rem 700 7mm mag.  I think I've been paying about $25 a set.

Jake

http://www.millettsights.com/rings-bases/angle-loc-steel-rings/

Offline MS Mule

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »
I have two Nikon Monarch 3-9X40 scopes mounted on my Handis using medium Burris ZEE rings. I had a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9X40 that I had to go to the high ZEE rings because of the large power adj. ring.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:55:56 PM »
Some of my scopes require Ex-High rings to clear the hammer and extension.  Sometimes that is just a bit too high for my face on the stock, so I use a small lace on leather cheek piece to raise my face just a bit to make it comfortable to shoot.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline heathlight

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »
Tx guys. A big help indeed! I think I will go with the Burris Zee rings. Much appreciated!