Author Topic: Forend questions  (Read 469 times)

Offline shotgunhntr

• Trade Count: (0)
Forend questions
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »
I bought a Mannlicher forend from Gunstocks Inc and I have a couple of questions.

1: I'd like to add a metal muzzleband to the end to add some weight up front.  Anyone know where I can get one?

2: I noticed the piece on the factory forend that screws onto the forend and fits against the receiver seems to be plastic.  Can I get an extra one somewhere to fit to the new Mannlicher forend, so I don't have to take the one off the factory forend?  Also, I'd like a metal one if possible.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Forend questions
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:23:03 PM »
Metal spacers aren't available unless you can find them on gunbroker, there was a fell making them for a while,  plastic spacers are carried by H&R, Numrich and Brownell's. You're on your own on the forend band, I think Tallyho used one off of a rimfire rifle, it may be in the FAQs.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:09:19 AM »
A friend of mine had a 12 ga. pardner that he reworked the forend on. It wasn't the mannlicher forend but it might work for you as well. He took a band from a British Enfield and reshaped it to fit his pardner, also carving a ring in the forend to fit the band. His shotgun now looks a lot like a 1873 Springfield carbine. The only problem is that he has to remove the band before he can take the forend off for a good cleaning.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »
A friend of mine had a 12 ga. pardner that he reworked the forend on. It wasn't the mannlicher forend but it might work for you as well. He took a band from a British Enfield and reshaped it to fit his pardner, also carving a ring in the forend to fit the band. His shotgun now looks a lot like a 1873 Springfield carbine. The only problem is that he has to remove the band before he can take the forend off for a good cleaning.

Can you possibly get a picture of your friends pardner? Or have him sign up on Grey Beards and post up a pict? ;)

Lonny