Author Topic: Ball retrieval...  (Read 1810 times)

Offline belt fed frog

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ball retrieval...
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »
try an electromagnet  a piece of iron pipe wrapped with coated copper wire ,make it so it is just a bit smaller than the ball  ,using the right wire and enough of it  means you can used a small battery , then shove it in ,make contact ,turn on magnet ,pull out and turn it off  and the ball drops loose and the dirt empties out of the tube  really very simple  ;D

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 07:16:53 AM »
Good one, Double D!
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 09:36:24 AM »
try an electromagnet  a piece of iron pipe wrapped with coated copper wire ,make it so it is just a bit smaller than the ball  ,using the right wire and enough of it  means you can used a small battery , then shove it in ,make contact ,turn on magnet ,pull out and turn it off  and the ball drops loose and the dirt empties out of the tube  really very simple  ;D

Go one better...... 3" thick  4'x4' steel plate with copper windings directly behind the target place 25kw generator directly behind steel plate.....

balls will stay on target......  ::)
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 06:47:44 PM »
My wife was saying this evening that  I have some strange friends.

Last week George sent me this medium size box.  The wife got it out of the mail box and brought to me..."what is that a box of of air"  No I told her it's from George and he said it's a box of Styrofoam.   I opened it and took the Styrofoam out and found a condensed milk can full of Styrofoam.  I pulled all the Styrofoam our and found a really cool magnet--thanks George. I can pick 12 one inch steel balls all at once.

Then tonight I hear the wife grumbling, coming down the stairs, "You got this heavy box from Tim, what's in it, it stuck to the mail box and it took two hands to get it out!"   More Magnets!   I pulled all the magnets of the pieces steel Tim also sent.  I was looking them over and got them with  a foot of the magnet George sent and his magnet jump at Tim's magnet.  Man am I glad my finger was out othe way.  When George's magnet hit, the top magnet of Tim's shattered.  These are some awesome magnets!!!  

She thinks you guys are strange sending me magnets, I think your pretty cool. thank guys!!!!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »
Those neodymium magnets are really strong and really brittle.  You really want to prevent that kind of action or your collection will get smaller and smaller.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
Those neodymium magnets are really strong and really brittle.  You really want to prevent that kind of action or your collection will get smaller and smaller.

Yup. This mounted pair will lift a 215# block of steel (probably more). I had to use a 2x4 and hammer to get it off when I was testing it. I'm almost afraid to handle magnets this strong anymore after the blood blisters I've gotten from them...

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 01:15:50 AM »
!!!  

I resemble that remark!   ;D

Plenty more if y'all need (I work in a factory where we make DC brushless motors.)
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »
She thinks you guys are strange sending me magnets, ...

YUP, she's ALWAYS been a good judge of character!!!!

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 06:51:40 PM »
She thinks you guys are strange sending me magnets, ...

YUP, she's ALWAYS been a good judge of character!!!!

Well, yes of course! She did marry me didn't she!   ;D