Author Topic: New to me project rifle  (Read 448 times)

Offline GPR125

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
New to me project rifle
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:14:05 AM »
Ran across a .243 Ultra up in Rapid City this weekend.   Bore and chamber cleaned up nicely, but the barrel exterior needs a lot of TLC.  No real pits but lots of splotches; has the look of being rubbed with steel wool.  I'll probably use Brownell's cold blue.  It worked well on a black powder barrel that got marked by one of the daughter's dog.
 Was able to get into it pretty reasonable; turns out it's a 1999 ejector model, per the FAQ, so adding a 22-250 barrel is probably out.   The trigger is pretty heavy, so now have to decide whether to try a first-ever at-home trigger job, or is it worth the time/hassle to send to Remmy to let them mess with it?   This is not going to be much more than a utility rifle anyway.   However, it did have the scope mount and hammer extension.  Scope appears to have crosshairs.
Will that bow kill an elk?     Sure.....but arrows are much more effective.

Offline lee1954

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: New to me project rifle
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »
I got a pack of 5 shotgun barrels that I wanted for stubs -- a few of then cleaned up fair ,, but like you say the ejector is the most work ..And the one that I may keep as a 12 gage barrel is turning into the most stuck ejector....
  We shop in Rapid too --- being in east WY
   Dan