Author Topic: Merkel stalking rifle  (Read 1087 times)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Merkel stalking rifle
« on: August 20, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Any one have any experience with one of these?  :)  They sure are pretty, and light. Just wonder how they shoot.  :o  I found one with a full length stock and was considering buying it but wanted to do some research before I dropped the coin.  ;)

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Merkel stalking rifle
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
gotta link

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »
If I had the money I would have a Merkel.  their rifle and shotguns and combos are just it . I shot an older stalking rifle in 280. I love them

Foggy

Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline ohiosam

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »
I got to handle them at the NRA convention. I REALLY liked them. I'd like to shoot one some day.

Offline Mike A.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »
You might also look at the newest CZ stalking rifle.  Look on czusa website.  Similar in function to Merkel but a LOT cheaper.  CZ used to make an economy breakopen single shot which was an excellent buy; apparently they don't import it any more.  I had one in .222 and regret trading it for something I have probably forgotten.  It really shot.

I wish somebody would make an updated Savage 219 with plain decent walnut wood and the barrel drilled for scope mounts.  Shouldn't be hard with an investment cast frame to cut costs.  I have one in .25-20 that I added a Savage 220 .410 barrel to, and a beat up .22 Hornet that I had rebored to .25-35.  Both accurate fun guns.