Author Topic: kahr pistols......  (Read 644 times)

Offline highwayman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
kahr pistols......
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »
can anyone tell me about this pistol. i want to hear good,bad what ever you think about them. thanks

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: kahr pistols......
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »
I like the looks and feel of them OK and from what I hear they are well made guns. For the life of me tho I can see no reason for me to spend my limited funds on one. They are no lighter than a Glock and hold about half as many rounds generally and cost about the same.

I know it's all in the eye of the beholder and we can't all like the same things but I honestly don't understand why/how they stay in business.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline spruce

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »
Never owned one, but I shot one (9mm) that belonged to a friend.

It impressed me as it had a nice smooth trigger pull and was easy to hit knockdown steel targets during an informal range session.

I agree it's a little too heavy and bulky for the number of rounds available.  If small and light was my goal I'd go with a PF-9.  If I wanted more "firepower" and a little bigger/heavier then something like a compact Glock would be my choice.

I'm not knocking the Kahr, it just seems kind of "in between" to me.

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »
I have two. My main carry is a P9 with ported barrel and night sights. Very light, thin and easy to shoot.

The other I just purchased is the P380 shoots good but not as comfortable as the Kel-Tec in may back pocket because of the square slide.

Both took a couple hundred rounds to get broke in good. Resale value is real good and I like the looks of them.

The CW series is less expensive but they don't have adjustable sights and have regular rifling.

Doug

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »
I have a CW9 and CW45. I like both of them really well and both are capable of more accuracy than I am with the standard rifled barrel. Lighter than any Glock in a comparable caliber. They are also very thin due to being single stack. They are tight pistols and normally need some breaking in, but mine have been good from the beginning. Some people complain about the recommended 200 round break-in period, but then turn around and say you need to shoot 500 rounds of your carry ammo, so I don't see the break-in problem myself. I had a couple of light primer strikes with the 9mm with some Blazer Brass ammo, but don't know if it was ammo or pistol related. Flushed the striker channel and did get some crud out. The only complaint I have is the grip is pretty sharp in the web of the hand. I am at best a fair shot and shot the targets below at 7 yards. The first is 9mm with Blazer Brass and the second is .45 with Wal-Mart Federal. I will buy more Kahrs.

Romans 8:38,39

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »
Kahr is a good weapon.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 05:04:31 PM »
Ive had 2, a pm9 and a TP9

Both were very good shooters, and fed reliably.
The TP9 had the extractor fall out twice.  I sent it in, and had it back in a week. Great CS. I sold it to my brother who said he wanted it, same thing happend, got it fixed and he sold it. IMO we just got the lemon that time. Good service though, very polite, and fast!

The PM9 was nice, but it really didnt fit my hand and the wife had a heck of a time pulling the slide back so that one went down the road as well.

Id give em a whirl again if im ever in the mood for an auto, like I said good guns, good service I just got the rotten apple, it happens.
Good luck
Dave