Author Topic: Got my Leica 7x42 BN Ultra Binoculars from SWFA today.  (Read 553 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Got my Leica 7x42 BN Ultra Binoculars from SWFA today.
« on: November 06, 2003, 07:03:34 AM »
The binoculars arrived via UPS this morning while I was out in the rain building a compost bin. The compost bin is another story for another day however.  :-D

Just took them out of the box and went out on the front porch to check them out. WOW! NICE! I own and have owned some nice quality binoculars before but these Leica's are clearly a "cut above" anything I've ever owned. Bright and clear with resolution that cheaper binoculars just can't match. I've long promised myself a top quality pair of European binoculars but until now wasn't ever able to make it happen. From the reports I've read Leica is arguably the best of them.

These came from the Sample List www.SampleList.com that SWFA has on their web site for demos and pre-owned optics. Mine were just demo'ed at a show and are as brand new with full life time warranty. Ya might wanna check out the Sample List for some super bargains. Glad I did.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline tominboise

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Got my Leica 7x42 BN Ultra Binoculars from
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 11:22:53 AM »
GB, glad you like them.  A couple of years ago I bit the bullet and bought the 8X42 BN's, and like you say, Wow..........Enjoy them in good health.
Regards,

Tom

Offline contendernut

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.contendernut.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 04:43:45 PM »
Graybeard,

How do you like the binoculars after a few days with them?  I'm ordering a set of Leicas sometime before the week is out.  I haven't decided on the BN's or new ultravids yet.  I called SWFA to check on the sample list optics.  I was wondering about the demo warranty but the guy I talked to wasn't sure.  After revisiting your post, I'm guessing the new demo's do have the passport warranty.
-----------
Gary

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 05:48:20 PM »
The items on the sample list have the same warranty as any other item from SWFA according to what Chris told me. The full warranty paper work was in the box.

I love them. I can only compare them to binoculars I own and/or have used in the past but these are brighter and clearer than any I've looked thru before. At this point I am really happy with the binoculars.

I like the nice soft leather case they come in but sure don't like the way they fit into it. You have a slot cut in the case and two snaps to hold it closed. You have to fit the strap from the binocular thru the slot and use it as a carrying strap when you carry them in the case. Find until you want to get them out. Then you have to pull the strap back out of the slot and it is just real cumbersome. So far they don't seem like they want to fit fully inside the case with strap in place. This I'm not liking.

GB

Offline Zachary

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 02:57:07 AM »
I was looking at a Swarovski scope once from the sample list - it was an illluminated model that was for sale for $1,299 and it was new.  They normally sell for about $1,800.  Problem is, by the time I made up my mind, someone else bought it. :cry:  

Zachary