Author Topic: target  (Read 357 times)

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
target
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:44:24 AM »
Has anyone heard of a Target brand scope,if so how reliable are they, The glass is nice and clear,they are inexspensive.They dont say much about them on their site except limted lifetime warranty,I was wanting to know if they would stand up to recoil of a 357 mag handgun.

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: target
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »
This one has "Bad Juju" written all over it.  If you have the money to spare, then give it a try.  Just don't be surprised if within a year or so that you are trying out their limited lifetime warranty claim.

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »
thanks,Ill think that says it all

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 05:29:21 AM »
I personally have just broken my fair share of scopes.  Almost every time I've broken one it has been from dialing elevation into the scope and then something internally falls apart.  Nowadays, I'm a firm believer in spending as much as you possibly can into an optic.  However, there are still expensive pieces of junk out there.  Personally I have NOT had problems with:
-US Optics ST-10
-Sightron SIII (two of them)
-Leupold Mk 4 4.5-14 (two of them), but others have had issues in the tactical matches
-Burris XTR 3-12x50
-Super Snipers

I have definitely broken several Bushnells, Simmons, and BSAs though and will not buy another "bargain optic", even for a rimfire.

Next time I'm going to give Nightforce a try.