Author Topic: Reloading 357 maxium  (Read 357 times)

Offline zank

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Reloading 357 maxium
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »
I would like your input on electronic scale and powder measurer
   Thanks Ed
NEF 45/70,357 max,22/250.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Reloading 357 maxium
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:54 AM »
If you have RCBS or Lyman units in mind, I think they are terrific. There have been a few treads about them in this section. I have an RCBS Charge Master 1500. Personally, I think it is worth every dime I paid for it. I do not want to go back using a powder thrower and/or a beam scale again. I changed my loading routine just a little to take advantage of the way they work. I used to adjust the powder thrower to my beam scale, once I had the powder thrower set (it would take a lot of fiddling), I would do a whole loading block at a time. Then check for powder levels in each case before seating the bullets. Now I dump the measured powder into a case, hit the start (dispense) button to get it going and seat the bullet into the previous case while it is measuring the next powder load. It is almost as quick as my old method. I have confidence that what I see as a weight is true. It handles stick powder much better than a powder thrower too and I get accurate reloads. Setting them up is easy too. I dump in the powder I want to use, calibrate, and punch in how much powder I want to use and voila, I am in business. It is much easier to switch from one powder weight to the next for load development too. I do not bother to check on a beam scale any more, I have checked and rechecked and it is as accurate as the beam scale, so I do not do that any more. Good Luck and Good Shooting.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.