Author Topic: Cams for a Katera  (Read 802 times)

Offline ttank0789

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Cams for a Katera
« on: March 29, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »
I am looking at buying a used Katera from someone and the draw length on the bow is set at 28" and I need to adjust it to 26" to fit me. They told me the cam is 28" only and can't be adjusted. Does Hoyt make bows with set draw lengths that can't be adjusted? If that is the case how easy (or difficult) will it be to get a new set of cams that will allow me to adjust it?
"The most dangerous moment comes with victory."  
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

"Have I not commanded you? Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
                                       -Joshua 1:9-

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: Cams for a Katera
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:07:25 PM »
It sounds like you need to sell it to someone with a 28 inch draw and buy another bow ;)  J/K   according to this article you can replace the cams to change the draw length. On my bowtech you just replace a module to change the draw length instead of the whole cam, hoyts might be like that too. That Katera looks like a sweet bow! I would like to upgrade too but it seems as soon as you get a new one, they come out with something better :(

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/field_tested/BH_hoytkatera_200802/

Offline ttank0789

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »
Any idea of an online archery surplus store where I could get some? I've been cruising the internet and haven't found diddly. I know my local pro shop could take care of it without a problem so I might just go that route.
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

"Have I not commanded you? Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »
Unless someone on e-bay, archery talk, or the likes has the cams you need you'll have to go through an authorized Hoyt dealer to order them......

Take a look and see here and/or post a WTB....
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/search.php?searchid=21567013
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline ttank0789

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »
Thanks for doing that search and posting the link! Much appreciated! I looked through all the listings on archery talk and didn't find what I need. There's nothing on ebay either.  I didn't post a WTB yet. On friday I went to my proshop and they said the change in draw length will require me to get new strings and cables as well as the new cams.  If I got it through them it would cost a little more than $200 with labor to get the stuff and get it put on.
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-