Author Topic: northern manitoba fishing  (Read 951 times)

Offline amosmoses

• Trade Count: (0)
northern manitoba fishing
« on: May 06, 2003, 09:47:42 AM »
anyone here done any fishing in northern manitoba? i am thinking of either gods lake or the nelson river and am looking for a good lodge

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 06:18:50 AM »
i haven't gone that far north but from what i've heard either one will give an unforgetable trip. i'll talk to my uncle who spent a week on gods lake and see what he has say about the place :D
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline broker

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 06:35:00 AM »
Amoses, are you still needing info? If so, let me know as i have been to Gods Lake (Healeys Lodge) several times (although not for a couple of years).

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 03:31:37 PM »
This will be our 9th year to Harrop Lake in Northern Manitoba.  It's an unguided outpost run by Thunderbird Lodge.  The walleye fishing is unbelievable, it's not usual for a boat to bring in 60-80 walleye in a day.  The northern fishing is fair, but that may be because of the time of year (first week in june).  We always catch a handful over 40 inches and several 35-40.  The Thunderbird people run several outposts and full-service lodges, and are very very good people.  I could come up with a phone number and references if you would like, they have a web page i'm sure you could google.