Author Topic: xp-2010 hijackware ??  (Read 727 times)

Offline halfbreed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
xp-2010 hijackware ??
« on: March 24, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »
OK guys, it has been 4-5 weeks now since our computer has been hijacked, and I don't know enough to get this mess off our computer, it got past Norton 360 anti virus, and they want an additional 100.00 bucks to clean it up also. Also I am currently laid off since Christmas, with no good news as of today for some time, if ever.
anyone know anything about getting this off my computer?
 I am at the library now, and will check back in a few days.
 thanks John

Offline FourBee

Re: xp-2010 hijackware ??
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »
hello halfbreed;
Check this free anti-virus out.  I use it and once I got hit bad, and this little jewel cleaned my computer up.
Healing with avast! Virus Cleaner

avast! Virus Cleaner is built directly into the avast! Antivirus. If you need, however, it is also possible to download a stand-alone version of the avast! Virus Cleaner from the ALWIL Software web pages - for free. Both the versions (the downloadable one and the one integrated into avast! Antivirus) are the same.

avast! Virus Cleaner is a tool to completely disinfect your system. It repairs the infected files (whenever it is possible) and deletes the virus bodies, so that it is not necessary to reinstall your system or recover it from backups. But it does more! It also removes virus items from the system registry (which is very important in some cases), fixes corrupted configuration files, and deletes temporary files created by the virus (such files do not contain any virus code, so they are not detected by avast! itself - but they occupy space on your hard disk).
www.avast.com

Hope you get to running again... :D
4B
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline halfbreed

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
Fourbee, thanks for the info, I have also talked with a few others with some good tips, I think I may be able to get back online at home again.
 What I would like to do to these hackers! fun, fun
John

Offline halfbreed

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
Hot dog, i am back in the computin world once again.
 John