Author Topic: Office Shootings  (Read 2940 times)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Re: Office Shootings
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 05:44:40 AM »
Quiver,  Sounds like the place where XD9 works carrying a Bible might get him fired quicker than carrying a gun. I did smuggle a handgun into Viet Nam in a book though. It was a six shooter and I didn't want to use an over size book so I had to unscrew the barrel. Not much help in an emergency. I guess a six shooter is still deadly at short range without a barrel come to think of it.

Offline Game_Stalker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 09:04:10 AM »
I would think having a little Kel-Tec .380 in a camera case would be ideal. I work in a bank's datacenter and we have contractors coming in all the time. Our only guard sits at a table and watches people walk around. If something WERE to happen here, I'd think this 6'6" fella who looks like an overgrown kid would rather call 9-1-1 from under his desk than come to our aide should somebody come in and start shooting.

I have a CCP, and Utah state law allows me to keep a firearm locked up in my vehicle, but I'd much rather have something other than my screwdrivers close at hand.

Offline lrs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
Dont' understimate how effective of a weapon your BODY can be, with some training.
There are some highly evolved and devastating methods of hand to hand combat that are taught to civilians in most, if not all, large cities.
I'm not talking about martial arts, or even MMA.  These are for sport.
I'm talking about serious combat fighting techniques, where you learn to engage armed, multiple attackers.  You learn and practice being unarmed, and armed with a knife and a firearm.
The objective is not to learn to pin someone to the ground, until someone counts to 3.  You can surmise for yourself what the objective is.
Here is one I recommend, I have been training with this for about 16 months.

http://www.fight2survive.com/forum/

This is not a sport. This is no bulls...
There may be others, I'm sure there are.
But this is the one I'd recommend.
Go to the website and check it out.
" we are screwed "

Offline U S Male

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »
If it were me, I know what I would do....Kel-Tec/Ruger 380...DeSantis pocket hoslter NO ONE knows it's in your pocket and you will forget you are carrying it about 80% of the time...pick up some 90 gn hp's (1000 fps)...you will feel safer and will be safer....like someone said earlier about the derringer..."it beats nothing".

Dave

Offline BIGDAVE54

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »
 No job on this Earth is worth my life. I always carry period. I was asked in 2007 if I had a pistol in my pocket. I answered Yes. The foreman red faced asked me why I had a pistol and I flat out told him I had been threatened by a knife carrying crack head and I had a CCW. He argued I did not have the right to carry a firearm in the workplace. I pointed out the fact that the workplace was not posted. No one had ever said we could not carry a firearm. He asked me to put it in my car. I said No problem. I got in the car with it and left. I have not been back. I will not work if it means I can not be armed. I do have the job skills to work on my own so it is not a problem. Most business owners in small business have CCWs in my state. Nothing is ever said about that. What if one of them goes off the deep end because I was 5 minutes late to work? I do feel bad for people who can not carry at work. It is better to find a new job than be dead though. I would carry a small firearm and just keep my resume up to date. Make sure your spouse has funds to make bail for you under any circumstance. Even if you are standing in the middle of an empty store parking lot and have to shoot an armed robber ...an overzealous police officer can try and make problems for you. In my home state the biggest problem I have heard of is the city cops stealing peoples firearms and trying to get away with it. Don't mean to jack the thread ,but if a police officer EVER tries to steal your weapon ...get a lawyer and sue..Raise Cain in the papers or anything it takes.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
You're not legally allowed to concealed carry in SC in government buildings.  Since I work in a government building, it's flat out illegal for me to carry at work.

I just consider it an acceptable risk personally.  I take risks every day - driving to work being the top risk to my life - I can accept this one.  We DO have an armed guard however and though the sheriff's office is in another building, since they're under the same umbrella there's often times a cop or two in the building already (checking with HR, meetings, computer training, etc).

I do keep a gun in my car however - we don't have any policies against it, so if the need arises and I can make it 75 feet or so I've got a gun available :).

Offline tonantius

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 06:12:57 PM »
There are concealed carry briefcases that have hidden velcro pockets with a holster inside. Discretion can keep the hidden weapon from prying eyes. The fire extinguisher is a great idea and is the baseball bat. I would do both. There are briefcase bags that are bullet proof as well.

There are holsters that look like PDA carriers but have a holster attached inside the pants. The ankle holster is an interesting idea. There are pocket holsters for the LCP that make it easy to hide in a pocket. There are leather jackets and vests that have hidden pockets and holsters for hiding guns.

Some states such as Oklahoma treat your vehicle as your home and the employer cannot prevent you from having a gun in your car.

My rule of thumb is if no one can see it, then there is no problem. That is why it is concealed.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 01:08:31 AM »
Don't ask--Don't tell.
If it is a lie--I will "say no--I don't."
I don't like paying $10 to park at the hospital. The free lot is 1/2 mile and I like the walk--It is  bad at night--I carry and, yes, into the hospitals.
Do I tell? NO! If I get caught-then my family and friends will not have me as a visitor----BUT, I am not going to get caught.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 02:33:14 AM »
One good thing, nut case shooters are usually horrible shots. Often times they use ineffective cartridges. If these folks knew what they were doing they could do real harm. I joke about radical muslems that the AK47s are for sound effects. Same applies to nut jobs.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 05:06:49 AM »
Don't ask--Don't tell.
If it is a lie--I will "say no--I don't."
I don't like paying $10 to park at the hospital. The free lot is 1/2 mile and I like the walk--It is  bad at night--I carry and, yes, into the hospitals.
Do I tell? NO! If I get caught-then my family and friends will not have me as a visitor----BUT, I am not going to get caught.
Blessings

the 2nd ammendment is clearly  on your side
maybe  not  in a twisted  court  ...but  morally
any one telling you can't carry is infringing on a god given right
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Squib

• G- S- T- and I ain't got time to bleed!
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
plus one