Author Topic: new vortex strikefire.  (Read 388 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
new vortex strikefire.
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:28:24 AM »
I originaly had one of the first models with the ability to switch for green to red dont. Something i really had no need for. It seemed like a well built unit but didnt have a bright enough dot for bright sunlight outside. I contact strikefire and they said to send it in and they would look at it. Well come to find out i had one of there very early production units and what they did was send me a new one. This model is something new from them. Its red only and the dot is very much brighter then the old. Every bit as bright as my aimpoints. As a matter of fact the dot even looks circular when bright unlike the aimpoints that look like a little blob. This is really a nice uint and i cant seen how they can sell them for a 150 bucks when they compare so closely to an aimpoint at 500.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: new vortex strikefire.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 02:38:06 AM »
How does battery life compare to Aimpoint?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: new vortex strikefire.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 03:45:07 PM »
Battery life is suppose to be 5600 hours. Which works out to 240 days if left on which isnt far off from a comp 2 but the comp 3 and 4 have substantialy more. but the only downfall to them in my opinion is you cant leave them on. they have a 6 hour auto shut off a feature to religates them to .22s and guns i wouldnt grab to defend myself. I dont want a sight going off on me unexpectedly and i dont want to fool with a switch under stress. I have only comp 2s right now other then this vortex and my comp 2s are left on all the time on a low setting that is plenty for the dark. I change batterys in them on new years along with the smoke detectors and ive yet to have one flat. I figure any sight that gets even 240 days would be just fine as replacing a battery isnt even a consern for cost and I allways carry spares on the gun anyway. I wish theyd deap six the auto shut off feature or make it optional. The eotecs have the same auto shut off and battery life that doesnt even compare to the vortex and they sell the crap out of them. If theyd get rid of the auto shut off i wouldnt hesitate to put one on a defense gun.
blue lives matter