Author Topic: Could someone out there look up a load in their Hornady book for me?  (Read 469 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Could someone out there look up a load in their Hornady book for me? I will be loading for my 22-250 Remington. I need to know the load for H-380 with a 50 grain Molly coated V-Max. Thanks and take care Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline PawPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
You might try the Hodgdon site and their Reloading Data Center.  Lots of good info there.

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
The bullet isn't listed in the Hornady #7 or at Hodgdon's site.

Try e-mail to Hornady:

http://www.hornady.com/contact_us

Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline DalesCarpentry

Here is what the Hodgons site says. It lists the Seria 50 SP bullet. Could I use this info for a 50 grain V-Max? Thanks Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline DalesCarpentry

Thanks I just emailed Hornady this is what I wrote.
Hi. I am going to be loading your 50 grain Molly coated V-Max bullets for my 22-250 Remington. Your 7th edition does not list a load for this bullet. I will be using H-380 for powder. Could you give me some load information? Thanks Dale Risher

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
The 50gn V-max IS listed in the Hornady manual (there is no difference in load data for moly coating).  H380 is not a listed powder for it though.

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
Correctly stated h380 isnt listed for the 50gr v max (hornady 7th ed) if you have it available I've found in my Rem 700 that 35.8gr imr 4064.cci 200 and any 50gr bullet to be extremly accurate.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Phone Hornady.
Everytime I have called for help I ended up very pleased with the service I received from them

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
 I would just use generic 50 grn jacketed bullet info. Some manuals just list loads this way anyway. Don't start at max, watch for pressure signs and you will be fine. What would a guy do when you see the same bullet & powder listed, but fairly different charge levels? I'm talking 2 different manuals. Some trend higher than others. Then we have the differences of primer & case type. This is all before we get to individual loader techniques.  I realize this maybe won't work for everybody, but it works for me.
NRA, Veteran

Offline PawPaw

• Contributor
I would just use generic 50 grn jacketed bullet info. Some manuals just list loads this way anyway. Don't start at max, watch for pressure signs and you will be fine. What would a guy do when you see the same bullet & powder listed, but fairly different charge levels? I'm talking 2 different manuals. Some trend higher than others. Then we have the differences of primer & case type. This is all before we get to individual loader techniques.  I realize this maybe won't work for everybody, but it works for me.

That's why we start low and work up, looking for pressure signs along the way.  Even individual variances in firearm manufacture make a difference.  Every rifle is a law unto itself.