Author Topic: Brands and warranty coverage?  (Read 932 times)

Offline Canuck Bob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Brands and warranty coverage?
« on: April 04, 2010, 02:13:37 PM »
I'm looking at some used scopes up here in Canada.  Can I get the real worls warranty experience on coverage for the following brands as second owner of a scope, please? Any Canadian angles would be appreciated.

Leupold
Burris
Swavorski
Nikon
Sightron

Seems lots of people advertise like new at like new prices.  Without full warranty that is ridiculous. 

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
Re: Brands and warranty coverage?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »
One of the few things that I have positive to say about Leupold is that their warranty is probably the best around and I'm pretty sure that it is fully transferrable.

I've never heard anything good about Burris or Nikon customer service whether for the first or subsequent owner.  I've never heard anything at all about Swarovski warranty work but I don't think that I've ever heard of one breaking either.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:32:55 PM »
I've used Leupold scope and Swarovski binoc warranty service.  Never a question if I was the original owner.

Offline p15camborne

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:01:02 PM »
I had a Leupold fixed under warranty.  The scope came back from Leupold working correctly. 

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 03:48:11 AM »
Sent my second hand Leupold back for a look see. The power ring was tightening up, they stripped it down and reassembled it, said it was fine. They didn't even ask about ownership. I remounted it a bit further back in the rings and it stayed free.

I haven't heard a bad Leupold warranty story, no doubt some are out there. Can't speak to the others policy.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline sgte5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (19)
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »
Nikon has a transferable warranty. It is 100% no matter how many times it is passed down to other family members or sold. Excellent warranty. Scheels now sells a scope marketed just for Scheels, called the Paragon. It has the best warranty I've ever had on an optic. It is an over the counter replacement, forever. No shipping, no hassle. The scopes are beautiful and have some of the nicest glass I have ever looked through. The two that I have bought have really been put to the test on my M1a and my  AR 308 . Cranked from 100 to 500 yards many times and come back to zero every time. Sorry for sounding like a Scheels ad, but they are great scopes.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
sgte5 that is great info, I'm in Scheels country and have looked at thier glass. The price is right for what they claim, I just wondered if it held up to the claims. The counter swap takes some of the wonder out of the who covers this thing... as long as Scheels doesn't have any problems.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline JimFromTN

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:14:50 AM »
I have heard great things about sightron's warranty.  On another forum, someone sent in their SII and since the model had been discontinued, sightron sent back a comprable SII big sky free of charge.  Thats about a $200 upgrade.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »
I am buying a new Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44 scope in about 2 weeks for my Remington 700 SPS Varmint in the 22-250. I use this rifle for target shooting and Groundhog hunting. I have been reading up on Vortex for about a week now and they really have great reviews. There warranty is also great. Here is Vortex's warranty. Dale

Vortex VIP Warranty
Makes a Very Important
Promise to you!
The VIP warranty is a Very Important Promise to you ... because you are a very important person to us. Each Vortex product is built to last, and unconditionally guaranteed with our commitment to your absolute satisfaction.

You can count on service under our VIP warranty ... it is:
  · Unlimited
  · Unconditional
  · Transferable

VIP warranty works for you!

At Vortex Optics, we want you to use and enjoy your optics with complete confidence ... that's why our warranty is so straightforward. Rest assured that if any Vortex Optics product should ever require service, Vortex will repair or replace the product absolutely free — no matter what the cause!
  · No warranty card to fill out.
  · No time limit on our promise.
  · No restrictions on coverage ... even if you transfer ownership of the product
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 09:16:17 PM »
I am buying one of these Vortex scopes next week. Here is more on what I found on there warranty. Dale

Our warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale. We will repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.

Unlimited, unconditional lifetime warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out.
No receipt needed to hang on to.
If you ever have a problem, no matter the cost, we promise to take care of you.

The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »
 I have a Burris 25-75 cats eye spotting scope that took a bad hit in the truck bed and was almost unfocusable. Just a touch and the image would shift about 50' at 100yds, and always in a different direction.
 Took it in on Friday, on Wed UPS delivered a brand new scope. All on their dime.
A lot of friends use a Burris, I have 2 on TC's and two on rifles.
 I think they are equal to Leupold
USAF Ret E6  1977-97 Civil Engineering
Desert Storm @ Doha, Qatar

Offline anweis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 06:59:28 AM »
From my own experience with rifle scopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes,
Nikon was poor. Poor repair work.They charged $10 or $20 for 3 drops of superglue; the thing broke after 5 minutes.
Leica was slow. Slow, but good work.
Vortex was perfect, they replaced a spotting scope for me.
Leupold was perfect, they repaired an older rifle scope and replaced a pair of binoculars.
Swarovski was perfect, they rebuilt a pair of binoculars.

Offline boatboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (92)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 01:33:58 PM »
I just posted a bit about customer serv from Burris

I did return a Sightron this year (for a finish problem) They couldnt have been nicer or quicker.They even gave me a retical that I prefered
Very happy with them

Hank
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King

Say what you want, pick on him. but Ringo is still a Beatle