Author Topic: Somebody sent me some pictures...  (Read 722 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Somebody sent me some pictures...
« on: May 05, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
Somebody sent me some pictures from their picasa album of their cannon...but the pictures came from picasa and I hace no idea who sent them.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Somebody sent me some pictures...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:04:42 PM »
Why not post it under the name of anonymous, and when the sender ID's himself (or possibly herself), you can edit, because now you've got everyone (or at least me) curious to see the cannon.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline smokemjoe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 03:16:46 AM »
 I sent the pics. to you,one of a ship cannon and sled that I made  ever piece of and the soda can mortar with a 11 in. Doms barrel, I cant get it down loaded to your pic. host, It all goes to picasa  web album and cant down load to here, If you can post them here please do so, I will fill in the details, Thanks- Joe

Offline Double D

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:05:38 AM »
Joe,

Here on Graybeards you have a free photo hosting site to use for posting pictures.  Click on this My Hosted Pictures link to sign up. 

Follow the screen commands to up load pictures.  After you get your pictures loaded the just click on the BB code line to highlight it and copy. then paste it where you want it in your message.

Offline smokemjoe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:55:41 AM »
DD: I created a account with My Hosted Pics. and got logged into it,  I can get to the Browse but my pics. will not down load or upload, What all do I have to do after I click down load, My camera is plug in to the computor and is on, Anyone else have this trouble, Thanks- Joe

Offline dan610324

• bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
why not just save the pictures on your comp and use them from there
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
Maximum file size on My Hosted Pics Is 500K.  Anything larger has to re resized or you can do what I did and use Photobucket.  Its free and anything fits there.  It is also easy.
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline dan610324

• bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
must be easier to have everything on your own computer
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry

Offline Double D

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
DD: I created a account with My Hosted Pics. and got logged into it,  I can get to the Browse but my pics. will not down load or upload, What all do I have to do after I click down load, My camera is plug in to the computor and is on, Anyone else have this trouble, Thanks- Joe

MY HOSTED Pictures is the free hosting site provide by GBO for posting pictures.

When you browse and  locate a picture on your computer that you want to post click the upload button.  If you successfully upload the pictures you will get a message with thumbnails of you pictures say successful upload.  If the upload was unsuccessful you will get an error message telling you what went wrong.  The error message will be right above the browse box.