Author Topic: Service life of the Springfield Armory XD-9?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
Service life of the Springfield Armory XD-9?
« on: May 08, 2010, 01:21:03 PM »
I bought a Springfield XD-9 compact years ago and have around 1,000 rounds of 115 gr. FMJ 9X19 through it.  I felt that it would be an improvement over the Glock as it is in a position to learn from the older Glock design.  The gun has gotten more accurate of late, and I plan to use it as part of my qualification tests for my concealed carry license.  It shoots well considering that it is a chopped down version of a plain Jane service pistol.

I had read a magazine article about 4 years ago where the guy was testing it and because it was so new he did not know how long they would last, but he had a Glock that he claimed had gone over 100,000 rounds and still worked.  Has anyone gotten any new updates on the longevity of this Croatian import?

I would also like to say that the Springfield people were very professional when I ordered the extended magazine for the gun.  It had come with the shorter mags (10 rnds), but the 16 round magazine makes the gun longer in the grip area for my large hands. 

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Service life of the Springfield Armory XD-9?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »
Any GOOD weapon will go way past 10,000 rounds---
WELL, unless you try and blow it up.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Service life of the Springfield Armory XD-9?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:08 AM »
I sort of doubt you will shoot it apart.  You may even pass it on to your children, or at least one of them.  If you are really concerned, call Springfield and see what they advertize for service life on the XD pistols.  I have not yet heard of any XD failures.  Also, look up Gun Tests Magazine; I believe they tested those pistols.