Author Topic: cw40 would not eject loaded round  (Read 689 times)

Offline handi270

• Trade Count: (0)
cw40 would not eject loaded round
« on: June 08, 2010, 03:15:18 PM »
I bought a cw 40, the second one I had owned, foolishly sold the first one.  I had it for several months and had not fired it. One day I loaded the magazine and racked a round into the chamber. Then dropped the mag and and tried to eject the loaded round in the chamber. It would come out of the chamber but would not eject. Finally managed to get the round to drop out the bottom of the grip. I tried four more brands of ammo and one of them would not eject. Repeated the process with the same results.

Took it back to the store where I bought it, they had the same problem.  Fired a few rounds,  came back inside and still had the same problem. They fixed me up with a new gun and said they would send the problem gun back to Kahr.

This is not a rant against Kahr, just wondered if anyone else had the same problem?

Also, I would advise everyone to make sure your pistol, will eject an unfired round.
If you were in a tight situation and got a dud, it could be deadly if you couldn't get it out and a new one chambered.

noel

Offline The Commissioner

Re: cw40 would not eject loaded round
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 04:14:59 AM »
Something like this happened with my son's new Kahr CW45.  During a firing sequence, the new round did not go into battery and the slide locked up.  Could not for the life of us eject the unfired round.  Eventually had to manually trip the ejector with a tiny screwdriver in order to release the slide and eject the round.  Discovered later that new Kahr's are notoriously 'tight' and it isn't a good idea to shoot Wolf in them. 

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »
i guess some kahr's do need that 200 round break in ...

its good to read that you local gunstore worked with you on a replacement

Offline handi270

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:17:59 AM »
Scibaer, I was very pleased that the store worked with me.  Went there not knowing what to expect. Thought I might have to send it back.
Murf's in Duncan, OK. They have been there a long time.

noel