Author Topic: Tedd Cash Cappers  (Read 1572 times)

Offline crgator

• Trade Count: (0)
Tedd Cash Cappers
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:56:49 AM »
I'm thinking of getting a Tedd Cash Capper (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jsp?_requestid=32314) for my Pietta 1851 Navy (brass frame).  Has anyone used this capper?  Is it worth the price?  Is it any good?  Is it necessary?

Offline thesalos

Re: Tedd Cash Cappers
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:29:20 AM »
I have used Tedd Cash Cappers for years. they are the Best. I have been shooting BP since 1976

Offline FourBee

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
Hey crgator:
Yes, I own the straight line capper, and it does what it is supposed to very well.  However;  it is limited as to the # of caps it holds.  Therefore after shooting a few rounds you have to stop and reload the little capper, and on a cold day that can be a chore in its self.

This got to be annoying to me after a bit, so, I went to the Snail type capper, which holds 75 or more caps.  It works very well with Colt type Revolvers.

4B      
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline crgator

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:52:24 AM »
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006419210328a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=tedd+cash+cappers&Ntk=Product_liberal&sort=all&Go.y=6&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=8

I'll try it again, this is the capper I'm looking at.  I think it might be the one 4B was talking about.  I thought the link I posted was to this capper, but it just took us to Cabella's.  Confirmed the correct link this time.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 02:13:36 AM »
I have purchased 3 of these from Ted at the nat'l shoot in southern Indiana. THe capper  is a quality product as all of his pieces are

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006419210328a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=tedd+cash+cappers&Ntk=Product_liberal&sort=all&Go.y=6&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=8

I'll try it again, this is the capper I'm looking at.  I think it might be the one 4B was talking about.  I thought the link I posted was to this capper, but it just took us to Cabella's.  Confirmed the correct link this time.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:59:15 AM »
crgator ;  No, the one you're looking at is a rifle capper.  You have to have a narrow neck for the revolvers, and that Rifle Capper may be to wide.  

The Snail Type is for Revolvers.   Cabela's 2010 Catalog list them as #21-0328-002 Pistol Capper, but their 'WEB' site doesn't show them.???  I'm thinking 'Track of the Wolf' sells a different make of the Snail Capper.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:27:21 AM »
I bought a TC snail capper for my revolvers on the recommendation of members here and it is a quality product.  I still haven't learned how to smoothly cap a nipple, but I'm workin on it!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 11:13:46 AM »
I use the stick style cappers. I haven't got a "snail type" yet because I have heard that they do not work with Remmie revolvers because of the way the nipple recesses are cut. Is this true?  I suppose though that they work equally as well with rifles, as they do revolvers though. They sure do hold more caps than the stick style.

Offline crgator

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »
crgator ;  No, the one you're looking at is a rifle capper.  You have to have a narrow neck for the revolvers, and that Rifle Capper may be to wide.  

The Snail Type is for Revolvers.   Cabela's 2010 Catalog list them as #21-0328-002 Pistol Capper, but their 'WEB' site doesn't show them.???  I'm thinking 'Track of the Wolf' sells a different make of the Snail Capper.

Thanks.  Found it at Track of the Wolf, and will order one from them.  Better price too.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »
You're welcome, crgator.

Hey Pat/Rick:  You are right about the 58 Remmies.  The Snail Cappers are to wide for the slot. :(

I have no idea about the percussion rifles or their cappers. ???

Offline crgator

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
FourBee, thanks for the heads up on the cappers.  I ordered one from Track of the Wolf Tuesday, got it today.  Looks really good.  Will get to try it out tomorrow when I take my '51 Navy to the range for the first time.  Really looking forward to it.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 05:22:17 PM »

Posted by: AtlLaw    I still haven't learned how to smoothly cap a nipple, but I'm workin on it!    ;D

There may be a learning curve on the capper.  When I think I've about got it down pat   - - - - ::) :P.   But it sure beats having sore thumbs. :D

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 03:56:47 AM »
I have the snail type and it works great on my 51 navy. Got rid of all my other cap and ball revolvers, but I just love that 51 navy. It is one accurate pistol!
                                    Beerbelly

Offline bedbugbilly

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »
I have one of Tedd's snail cappers as well and it works great on my '51 Uberti Navy as well as my other brands.  On the '58 Remington, I've heard about some fellows using a dremel tool to widen the slot in the cylinder by the nipple so it will work.  Capping is just one of those things that you have to learn how to do as we all have different size fingers, etc. if you are trying to do it without a capper.  As far as Tedd Cash's cappers go . . . . I've used several of his rifle cappers for years.  My first one was a brass one . .  . . it got tarnished up real quick from the blackpowder.  I had some feeding problems with it and I stopped by Tedd's booth at Friendship the next time I was there.  He took a look at it and had it fixed in no time.  At the same time, I bought one of the cappers like it only in the German Silver and it soon became my favorite for my rifles.  Tedd makes a first class product and backs it up as well.  He's a great fellow and whenever I'm at Friendship, I buy what I can from him because fo the quality.  I think you'll be very pleased with the snail capper.   :)
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single one on my right hip is good enough for me.  Besides, I'm probably only half as good as he was anyway . . . . now . . . how do I load this confounded contraption?

Hiram's Rangers - Badge #63