Author Topic: Springfield XD - Croatia  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Autorim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Springfield XD - Croatia
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »
I don't see much info here regarding the XD or the XDm. They disappear from dealers here about as fast as they obtain them. Are they just so good that nobody asks about problems? Maybe the Croatians got it right.

Offline Arier Blut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Springfield XD - Croatia
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:22:28 PM »
I have the xd 45 compact service model. No problems at all. My duty weapon is a glock 23. My personal carry is the xd. I really haven't heard any negatives on the xd. I have owned maybe a dozen carry pistols including; berreta, glock, walther, sig, hk, s&w and 1911's. The xd is what I favor. Each has it's place I just prefer the xd for myself. I do like glocks as well but tend to lean to 45 acp these days. The model 21 is to large for concealed carry, the slim line doesn't have enough capacity for me.

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 03:35:38 AM »
I own a XD 45 Tactical and compact. Both of my brothers have 45 Tacticals and 45 service models. All of them shoot great with no malfunctions. I shoot my Tactical at IPSC matches, have close to 5000 rounds through it. I'm a diehard 1911 fan, but I really like the XD's.

Offline Autorim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:00:39 AM »
I have really looked at the XDM 9. I like the steel trigger with a nice smooth pull better than the articulated trigger of the M&P. I also like the grip safety, loaded chamber indicator and striker position indicator. I have owned Glocks, but no longer have them since I bought the S&W MP9m. The XDM really got my attention. Looks like there is one way to find out.

Offline jager

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 04:58:33 AM »
Nothing against the Glock, I just like the XD better. It fits my hand better; and I like the trigger, grip safety, "striker" indicator, and accuracy. I have the "standard" .45ACP (I wish I'd kept my XD9, as well!).

Offline jhm

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 05:26:57 AM »
My son bought the XDM40 and brought it out to the house and we did some shooting that day, I used a sig.229 in .40 I have, His springer is a fine weapon and if I didnt already have a .40 I would concider one however it's hard to beat a sig. I just like them better.   Jim

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
I got one about 2 months ago because the price was right, but I have yet to fire it. I have a Pro Raptor II and a CZ75,  of which I carry one or the other, but I have heard nothing bad about the XD's.
"If it bleeds we can kill it" Dutch

Offline Autorim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »
The XDm9 followed me home. I took it to the farm last weekend and shot a couple of hundred rounds through it. So far, I can find no fault with it. I would not call the trigger great, but it is certainly smooth and good enough. IMO it is equal to or better than the Glock 19 or MP9 and I have fired both of them a lot and like both of them.

The steel trigger, striker indicator, loaded chamber indicator, grip safety and easy take down do set the XDm apart and a bit above the others I have fired. A lot of design time went into this firearm and it shows in the texture and form of the grip frame.

I didn't set up on the bench with bags for accuracy testing, but at over 20 yards - resting across the hood of the SUV -  I hit 6 inch blocks every shot for 15 rounds.

I think it will shoot well enough for my purposes and probably better than I can.

Offline mwhaught

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 03:22:22 AM »
I have had an XD9 for about 4 years. It has been a rugged, dependable, accurate, trouble free gun.  The most natural point shooting handguns that I have owned have been my S&W K frames, Ruger Security-Sixes and XD9.  My XD is my CCW handgun.

Offline jeager106

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »
I owned an XDM for one day. It went back to the factory the next day where it stayed for NINE weeks.
All becasue the thing shot 14 inches high and 4 inches hard right.
Got it back it still shot 7 inches high, groups were a joke, 7 inches being my best at 25 from a solid rest.
I NEVER got my $69.07 air frieght back from Springfield though they promised they would.
Sent a SSmith m&P back. The GAVE me a prepaid ticket for airfair.
Will return it in 10 business days.
No more Springfields for me. Ever.

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 05:40:04 PM »
I have an XD as well as two sons with XD's.  We have shot several thousand rounds thru them without a single malfucntion.  Best handgun I have ever owned and dead accurate.   We each have shot pistols for many years and have owned them all over the years.  Nothing bad to say about the XDs and Springfield as the post ahead of mine has.  I have had problems with Smith, Glocks, Rugers.   Each gun is an individual.

Offline frankd4

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 04:02:21 AM »
I have two 45's and a one 9mm I love them, the 45 is my carry gunas well as my IDPA shooter.
I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORRNING IT REMINDS ME OF MIAMI

Offline diggdug

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 01:22:03 PM »
One thing I noticed about the XDM-9 is that the mags are a bear to top off and they cut up my thumbs, My Glocks reload much easier. When you are in a Tactical Handgun class ease of reloading can make or break it for you. I'll stick to Glocks.
Most people say I'm an idiot!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 06:52:33 AM »
I have an XDM 40 and love it.  All the attributes as stated above. Never had an issue w/ loading either. Besides, they come w/ a loader that works pretty well.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline jetC5a

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 11:26:19 AM »
I have the XD 40 I use it as my carry/duty weapon never had any problems my son and daughter both shoot my XD and like it.But I have to agree with buckskin the Mags are hard to reload mine hold ten rds and I only put 8 in because its tough on the thumbs but it does shoot well with no malfunctions

Offline Hemlockusa

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »
I've had my Springfield XDM for five months now.  Great weapon, very accurate, fits comfortable in my hand.  I am very happy that I made this purchase!!!!   I am sincerely sorry >:( Jeager106 had such a bad time with the one that he purchased, not all weapons come off the line perfect.  MINE DID ;D..  It is a great feeling having so many rounds available in one clip, however if you can't hit the mark the first few time's it is my belief you shouldn't even carry a weapon.  I am retired now, but I have been in Law Enforcement and Corp. Security for many years and can only think of one occassion where that amount of fire power was needed.  If is very comforting to know, you would have enough ammo to make due until back up arrived.  I don't intend to start a mine is better than yours thread!  Everyone should carry the weapon they feel most comfortable with, and I don't care what you show up with TOO BACK ME, as long as you can shoot the thing.  KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY MY FRIENDS.

John

Offline falaz

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »
I have 4 XD's im 9mm,.357sig and .45. I've managed to put a few thousand rounds through each of them with no problems. I've installed Powder River trigger kits in all of them and now they all shoot even better. Almost feels like a 1911 SA trigger. Used to be Glockers said you couldn't get parts for XD's but that is no longer the case. There are just as much after market goodies for them as there are for Glocks. I trust my XD's to protect me and mine.
I am 'We the People"

Offline Arizona Jake

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »
I have an XD Compact in .45 ACP. Even in my large, skinny hands, used to a SIG P220 and a Springfiled P9/EAA Witness, it feels comfortable and handles with ease. It is my Concealled Carry Gun.
Joaquin B.:cb2:

Offline Carter

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 07:24:56 AM »
I bought two XD's about 4 years ago; an XD9SC and an XD45/4".
I like how dependable both have been, more accurate than me, and easy to take-down.

Still haven't felt the need to add an "M" model since my originals are doing so well.

Offline JJ79

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 11:54:30 AM »
bought one for my dad last weekend...shot it and liked it so much, now I don't wanna give it to him.   ;D

best pistol I've ever shot.  as others have mentioned, the mags are a female canine...

-JJ

Offline tonantius

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 06:20:45 PM »
This is the first firearm I ever bought. Great price and excellent quality. I have the 4" .40 S&W XD version. I like the 12-rnd mags. I bought 4 extra mags. I bought a Serpa retention holster for it, and a Galco IWB holster, too. I sometimes conceal and carry it. I have shot a lot of different manufacturers ammo and I have not had a feed problem.

I thought about the 3" compact version for concealment but I don't like the feel.

Offline Rock Home Isle

• A Real Regular
  • This is Rock Home Isle
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 05:05:37 AM »
I don't see much info here regarding the XD or the XDm. They disappear from dealers here about as fast as they obtain them. Are they just so good that nobody asks about problems? Maybe the Croatians got it right.

Originally this handgun was known as the HS-2000, then Springfield picked it up and called it the XD. It is a very well constructed and designed handgun. It is very durable and very accurate, one of my favorites... 8)
“Lost?? Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!”
Henry Frap the "Mountain Men"

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’  "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »
My son is a Certified Executive Bodyguard and was trained by API, and the man who invented the SWAT team. My son's training was intensive. Want a reason to buy an XD? I'll give you two. 1) The man who trained him also trains military, CIA, FBI, SWAT, and Secret Service. He could carry any gun made and he trusts his life to an XD! 2) He told everyone in my son's class their guns would jam sooner or later. Guy's with Sig's and Kimber's and Glocks included. He told them my son was the only one who's gun wouldn't jam. My son had both the XD .45 and 9mm compact. My son fired 2,000 rounds through the .45 in just two days training without cleaning and without a single jam. All the other guy's guns jammed frequently. That sure sold us on the XD's!

Offline highwayman

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »
read today they are coming out with a 45cal xd-m. nuff said!!

Offline oldhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 01:28:14 AM »
Bought an XD 9 with 4" barrel 4-5 years ago and it became the finest semi-automatic handgun that I own.  Very accurate with any ammo used and never a failure to feed or eject.  Highly recommend to anyone interested in a quality pistol at a reasonable price.

oldhunter

Offline Rock Home Isle

• A Real Regular
  • This is Rock Home Isle
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »
Bought an XD 9 with 4" barrel 4-5 years ago and it became the finest semi-automatic handgun that I own.  Very accurate with any ammo used and never a failure to feed or eject.  Highly recommend to anyone interested in a quality pistol at a reasonable price.

oldhunter

I have an HS-2000...it is the exact same gun made before Springfield took the import. I liked that gun so much that I went out and bought a XD Tactical 9mm and an XD Tactical .40 Smith.

They have become my favorite handguns bar none.  8)
“Lost?? Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!”
Henry Frap the "Mountain Men"

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’  "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"