Author Topic: Mounting scopes on CVA Optima Elite  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Bravo 51...Over

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
Mounting scopes on CVA Optima Elite
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
Any one else having problems with mounting a scope on the Optima Elite.  We're trying to mount a scope on  the 45-70.  Bought the Z-2 base and the right size rings.  We could not get two different scopes to mount where we could get the elevation knob to come down far enough to zero this rifle.  Had to put some shims in the rear rings to get it down to get it on paper at 25 yds.   Any suggestions or hints to solve this?  Using  Leopold 3X9 50mm and an Osprey 6X24 50mm.  Both of these scopes should have ample elevation adjustment.

Thanks
Written on a cardboard C-ration case, Khe Sanh 1968..." For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected never know." Author unknown

Offline BCall

• Trade Count: (45)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Mounting scopes on CVA Optima Elite
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:31:25 PM »
I have not had any problem with the OE, but I did have a similar problem on a RUger 77/22 that I have. You might try removing the base and turning it around. Perhaps the base is not square and reversing it will help solve the issue.

My solution was to buy a pair of Burris Signature Zee rings that use the inserts. You can buy offset inserts that can adjust scope angle. I really like the rings as well. Hold tight on everything I've used them on and do not mar the scope tube. Billy

Offline Bravo 51...Over

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 04:10:26 AM »
Billy,

Thanks for the info.  The rifle actually belongs to one of the officers I work with and we went to a range this past week end to get it sighted in before he goes on a pig hunt in west Texas in a week or so.  At 100 yards the shot groups weren't bad as there were several 3 shot groups that amounted to one large ragged hole.  The problem was that with the elevation knob all the way down it was around 8 inches high and we couldn't get it any lower.  He appreciates the info and will try to get those rings and inserts to get it on before he leaves.  We work 12 hour night shifts and I got off this morning at 6 am and I'm about to start walking into walls any minute.  Thanks again for the help.

Dave
Written on a cardboard C-ration case, Khe Sanh 1968..." For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected never know." Author unknown

Offline theduke

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:50 AM »
eabco had a scope mount that worked well for me on optima elite.