Author Topic: Kahr handguns to last nite's FX series show  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
Kahr handguns to last nite's FX series show
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:42:12 AM »
Justified ,  a new series on the FX network ( see this link for more info on this show http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/180.php )
is really good cop drama, sort of  a ... 1 man NYPD Blue type of show.
last nite's episode, the good guys, US Marshal Rayland Givens ( lead role ) had a backup piece in his glove box. it was a Kahr 9mm.
and the one of the bad guy wannabe's  was going to kill his self and he had a kahr, it looked to be one of the  smaller framed concealed carry sized 9mm .

not a big deal, but i thought it was purty slick, none the same .. and thought i'd pass it along  ;D

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Kahr handguns to last nite's FX series show
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »
Scibaer,
Yes that is a good series on FX, I have watched everyone of them since they started!
I have been trying to ascertain exactly what type of semi- automatic that the marshall actually carries in his holster and what caliber.
I thought on one series where he was setting across the table from a bad guy who made a move to shoot the marshall and the marshall drew and shot the bad guy across the table,that the caliber might have been a .45. Hard to tell the caliber and also what type of holster does he use for everyday carry. Whatever he uses he certainly must have done a lot of quick draw practice, because he can really draw a shoot pretty darn fast!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 02:28:04 AM »
Streak,
 yeah, i've watched it from the start too, I DVR it and then i can go back and catch the small nuances and quips that Givens makes.
The scene your talking about was in the first episode, when is was in  miami fla. and shot the cocaine dealer, and gave his 24 hours to get out of town.  the marshals gun is .45 caliber , that has been alluded to in a few episodes , that he carries a "big 45".
the marshal downplays his abilities , but sure can run that gun from his holster when he needs to.
i dont know what make his carry gun is , but i'll freeze frame on it and try to find out.
i was reading People magazine at the dr. office the other morning and the co-star , who plays rayland's ex wife in the show did a small interview.
she is born and raised in texas and was quoted as saying " Wynona can shoot , on the show and so can I, being from Texas its a requirement or they kick you out " Im not sure of the marshal's real life gun handling experiences , he does play alot of parts that guns are involved.
see the newer movie with him , marshal rayland givens ( timothy olyphant ) as the lead " the crazies", a zombie movie with lots of gun action.
i have no idea what the make of the holster is that he uses though.. that may be hard to find out .

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 04:40:46 AM »
ok, according to what i read on FX's Justified website, Marshal Givens carries  a Sig Sauer 226 in .45 acp that rides in a Galco FED paddle holster.
 but there is some talk about the fact that his actual handgun changes, depending on the scene's stunts

In the first episode Rayland mentions using a Sig 226 to kill the "gun thug" in Miami and in episode 3 he uses a Beretta and its looks to be a Beretta in his hand in the banner pic on Justified's home page on FX ..

but in last tuesdays nites episode, the Kahr's were clearly shown..

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:19:49 AM »
Sciabaer,
Thanks for the update!
His exwife character is quite a package! Alot of the Texas gals are!

Did not Timothy also play in "Deadwood"??
NRA Life time Member
Gun Owners of America

Offline tonantius

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 11:12:52 AM »
Tim Oliphant played Sheriff Bullock in Deadwood.

I have a friend with a Sig Sauer in both 9mm and .45. He has jamming issues with the .45, so he bought a Rock River Armory model 1911 instead.

I wasn't sure what brand holster that givens has. I have a Galco summer casual for my XD .40 and it is very nice.

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »
the very intriguing and sultry Natalie Zea play Wynona , the marshal's ex wife.
his current fling and witness Ava , is played by Joelle Carter.
she makes everything else on the show hard to focus on when she is on the screen she is a Georgia gal ..

it has been discussed on the Justified site that Olyphants role is very on par with his Deadwood role.
i can see parallel lines in how he relates to the women in the roles he plays on TV and in movie roles too.

i sure would like to see more Kahr's take positions as primary arms in movies though..
it was a small kick to see marshal givens pull one out of the glove box and give it too his ex.
then i thought "how cool" when her current husband , has one to his own head and threatening to off his self ..

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »
Well you can bet your "bottom bippy" I will be glued to the tv next Tuesday night for the next episode! I think Ava is supposed to be in this one!
Sciabaer what in the makeup in the Kahr handguns do you like? Do you shoot one?
NRA Life time Member
Gun Owners of America

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 03:28:25 AM »
the episode where Ava was standing in nothing but a towel, was motovational  ;D
and the episode where she was in bed with the marshal and she was nude ( shot showing her from the side )
all i can say is ... wow, i should be in tv  :o

yes i have a cw.40 , its my daily carry gun in an uncle mikes holster. you can see my kahr in the kahr pix thread.
i like it because , its light weight, simple to use, nothing to really go wrong with it and with many rounds thru it, i have not had it fail once
it sure seem reliable to me.. for the price, i could not beat it.  its  slim design makes it comfortable to carry .
i shot several hundred rounds thru it , at the range one afternoon and it just kept right on running. its very accurate too
whats not to like ?

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »
Scibaer,
I don`t know if you watched Justified tonight, but Raylon got himself into a heck of a situation when Wynona came to his place at night time and took him to bed! Unfortunately Ava was outside of Raylon`s place and saw Wynona leave Raylon`s after their interlude.
I might have misunderstood the announcer, but at the end of tonight`s episode I thought he said that next week`s episode is the last one!
If it is I hate to see this series go.
NRA Life time Member
Gun Owners of America

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 02:05:36 AM »
streak,
 no i have not seen it yet, i record it on DVR, then i can watch it with out commercial interruption at my leisure, usually with a fine cigar  ;)
 i'll watch later today or this evening more likely..sure will be a damn sour shame if then cancel the show..
we'll find out i guess  :o

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 02:46:27 AM »
ok, and update
 i did not see another kahr in last tuesday's episode of justified, but they did announce that it was going to be the season finale ..
 so yeah, its the last show, but the series may not be gone, it should come back next season ! ..
 and hopefully we'll see ava, wynona and a few more kahr's ... 

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »
Thanks Scibaer! ;D
NRA Life time Member
Gun Owners of America

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 06:30:08 PM »
Scibaer,
The season finale was a good one! Hope it returns next season, sure looked like Wynona was giving ole Raylon the come on que!!
Also a lot of loose ends were still left open for a second sequence to continue!
NRA Life time Member
Gun Owners of America

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 03:04:30 AM »
oh yeah, they left alot of threads to pull that's for sure...
 i took it that Wynona maybe wanted ole Rayland back, now that her husband is a known criminal and loser.
 and wow, what a flip the Crowder boy siding with Rayland against his father and the drug dealer.

i sure hope it comes back too, a second season is a must !