Author Topic: Looking for feedback on older Burris Signature scopes  (Read 837 times)

Offline ralfus

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
Looking for feedback on older Burris Signature scopes
« on: June 24, 2010, 06:10:42 AM »
I just traded for a Burris Signature 3-12 AO with the "twilight" feature. Its an earlier generation scope with the turrets further forward. I called Burris today and found they only charge $80 to install both TAC-2 turrets including return shipping and can install most reticles for $50 if I choose on this scope. Anyone else familiar with these older Signatures???

This isn't a Burris vs brandX discussion.

Offline sweetwyominghome

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Looking for feedback on older Burris Signature scopes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »
The older Burris Signature scopes are good, solid performers and will serve you well. You really can't go wrong with one of them...

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Looking for feedback on older Burris Signature scopes
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 05:57:13 AM »
I agree with the last poster.  I think the older Burris scopes were good scopes in their day.  I have a variable pistol scope from the 80's that has served me well on a 7-30W Contender.

It is  my assumption based solely on what I have read from others, that the Burris scopes that were offered with a free spotting scope deal, were not the same quality.  I can not state this from experience, just from the opiinions shared by some others on the web.