Author Topic: Compact revolver in 32 H&R mag  (Read 1164 times)

Offline dandonnell

• Trade Count: (0)
Compact revolver in 32 H&R mag
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »
I prefer revolvers for the reliability (in general) over pistols and the quickness to put into action while still carrying in a safe mode.  I love the NAA revolvers for their quality and compactness but I realize the caliber limitations.  However, is there a compact 5 shot revolver out there that is designed around the 32 H & R mag round ?   The 327 would be nice but too intense for a truly lightweight compact package IMO.

Offline Empty Quiver

Re: Compact revolver in 32 H&R mag
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »
I'm sure you realize that the H&R round can be fired through a .327Fed chambered gun. That would not address the idea of a .32 H&R scaled gun I suppose. The Airweight or Scantium S&W's in a .327 might fit the bill on a weight basis better than a steel .32H&R would, 6 shots might increase the bulk somewhat but another pop might be nice with the reduced power round. Just sorta thinking out loud here.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »
My wife's SP101 6 shot steel snubbie in .32H&R Mag is one of the nicest guns I've ever fired. Its compact, heavier than an airlight smith, but having 6 is a fair trade to my way of thinking. That's a fun caliber in a snubbie!
held fast

Offline spruce

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
Charter Arms makes a 16oz 5 shot snubby chambered for 32 H&R Mag.

I've had one of their .357 Mag Pugs for a little over a year and it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.  Fit and finish aren't as nice as a S&W, but I consider them a good buy for the money.

Offline dandonnell

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »
The H & R 32 mag is getting closer but it's still basically a 38 cal gun chambered for a smaller round.  It would be nice to have a 32 mag with a cylinder dia of around 1.1" or possibly less weighing around 12-13 oz.   I already have a sp101 in 357 which is somewhat unpleasant during long shooting sessions and it's too heavy and big for a real "always have on you" CCW.

Offline bluecow

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 03:36:17 AM »
charter arms " back and gold"  in 32 h&r mag is 12 oz.  some dont like charter arms, but ive never had any trouble with em.  its made in the usa buy the way.
Everything before BUT is B.S.

Offline dandonnell

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 05:12:54 AM »
Does anybody know the cylinder diameter of the Charter Arms 32 mags ?