Author Topic: Gunfire on Saturday  (Read 474 times)

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
Gunfire on Saturday
« on: June 19, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »
Went to a local skirmish reenactment this afternoon, a couple of pictures and a video are attached.  Learned there were a fair number of other cannon nuts in the area that I never suspected. Please excuse the hand held camera, PPP rules. Click on the last image for video.

America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
Re: Gunfire on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:29:15 PM »
Traders row and blanket guns ! ;D Very nice we dont get to many of those in the west ....we call them rendevous here nice guns too . Were you an observer or participant ?>
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
Traders row and blanket guns ! ;D Very nice we dont get to many of those in the west ....we call them rendevous here nice guns too . Were you an observer or participant ?>

Actually I think that first photo is the company surgeon a man you never want to make acquaintance with during the battle......

Rendezvous...... my first one was on a warm spring day at the NRA whittington Center down in New Mexico back in 79' you'd
meet some interesting people at rendezvous...... :o  ;D  
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 02:55:02 AM »
Good eye Kabar, that's a foot he's waving around.  Barbarous doesn't begin to describe medical care of the period- not their fault, nobody knew a better way.
I was a spectator and came mostly to drool over their  cannons including a Confederate bronze mountain rifle.
America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens