Author Topic: Rumor has it....(scuttlebutt)  (Read 1442 times)

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
Re: Rumor has it....(scuttlebutt)
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 04:58:08 AM »
     As Gen. McCrystal and Oblamea prepare to go nose to nose over the perennial problem of Truth VS. B.S., I feel I must dredge up a military term from my past.  The answers and comments thus far have been 'Outstanding'!

Here's why:   GGaskill provided the first technically correct answer to my question, "Does anyone know where these gasses come from?"

1Southpaw gave us an answer that The Old Salt, Mike could certainly agree with.

Spuddy set me straight about Maple Syrup, (YUM) production.  And to think that all those 'Education Professionals' in N                      New York State public schools, were lying to me all those years!

And finally, Victor3, with another correct answer, although not to my question, but rather this one:  'What trigonometrical
                        shape is primarily responsible for the aesthetics behind the dimensions of jewelry boxes and music boxes from the time of t                       the Egyptian Pharohs right up 'till modern times?  His answer is absolutely correct, the 3-4-5 right triangle!

Tracy and Mike
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 05:12:05 AM »
the eagle has landed .....in these rare never B4 seen photos you can see the first steps .'one small  step for a tree . one giant leap for bombardment flats south"

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 07:52:09 AM »
I see that those responsible for the reforestation are driving a forest green truck.....(base color) very appropriate...

I live on the corner of a cul-de-sac so my back yard is open to public view, to put up a fence

The city of Chesapeake requires the following:

A permit.... well o.k. .......

A site plan showing the trees and bushes you will also be adding - "to be approved by the city arborist"

So rather than deal with the green police and all the alotted B.S. that may attend such an undertaking.....

I have decided instead of stockcade I will be putting in a hedge and some bayonete plants to keep out

the unwanted kiddies who cut across the property as if they owned it.... as far as I know I don't need

aproval of the city arborist for a hedge.....
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium