Author Topic: New to BR's  (Read 422 times)

Offline 454Puma

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
New to BR's
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »
Well I finally broke down an went Black!  ;D  So what would you say is a good price for a slightly use Colt AR15 Target Model? So I can see if I paid to much?  Going to be SHFT gun and general plinking,Varmit gun . Has Standard sights and Hand rail!  I went and bought 500 62gr FMJ bullets to load, Set of Lee dies coming, I'll have to go through my brass bucket cause I know I have a bunch of brass. Have powder/primers. Bought 80 rounds of 55gr FMJ Fed/Amer Eagle ;D

I went out to just get the sights on target - shot 10 round 5 Feds , 5 Amer Eagle.  First shot about 10" high 2" rightof center at 50 yard so 8 clicks down 1 click left  with center hold of bottom black smack dab in the center!!  God why didn't we have these sights when I was in service! ::)  It would have made life so much easier!  Got just over .5" groups not bad for as windy as it was!  ;D Also seems to like the AE ammo better! ;D
One shot , One Kill

Offline kctibs

• Avid Poster
Re: New to BR's
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
I would say a decent price is in the $700 to $950 range. But really it is up to you do feel like you got it for a fair price. Did you do some research or was it a impulse buy? The prices have come down in the last few months, but sometimes Colts can be over priced. As long as you are happy that all that counts in the end. Either way Colts are good and I would bet it will be a good black rifle for you. So go ahead and shoot and have fun.
"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Offline 454Puma

• A Real Regular
Re: New to BR's
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 08:14:43 PM »
kctibs
 Yea it was kind of a impulse buy! It was tagged $995 and it was the best on the rack at the shop in .223 !  They had a 6.8 and a .308! In didn't want to go there ! The other two in .223 were very well used and abused! This Colt looked like it hardly got fired ,very clean!  I know the prices have come down cause the last time I looked every thing on the rack was $1200 and up no matter what the condition! ::) I glanced at GB earlier before I bought this one and the only Colt HBAR was going for $1300+!
One shot , One Kill