Author Topic: New Toy  (Read 577 times)

Offline All Hawks Kill

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
  • Clingy Christian Redneck Gun Owner!
New Toy
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:33:23 PM »
Well did I get a deal this past weekend. A guy I know from work does the "Yard Sale Thing" and ran accross a 1860 Army Revolver (replica) that somebody had bought as a kit, then didn't know how to put it together right or couldn't read directions. Long story short, he paid $50 for it and then asked me to take a look at it. Just at first look I could tell the barrel wedge was in backwards and upsides down, plus the cylinder wouldn't turn. Told him I would have to take it home to tear it down to see what was wrong.

Well there was a lot wrong as parts had been put in backwards and such, but luckly for me I had bought a parts kit for my 1851 Navy, a just in case kit. Well all the parts I needed to replace in the 1860 were in the kit. I told the guy that I had fixed it and would either give him $60 dollars for the gun or he could pay me $75 for fixing it. Well he took my $60 an ran as he isn't a gun guy.

I got a break from work and got off at noon to head to the range and see if I could make some smoke. Well it took a few shots to get the load right and get use to the gun, but in the end I think I've got one of the best shooting pistols I own... I do want to get a new cylinder for it as this one is boggered up from being forced to turn, but for now it will do.

"Duty is Our's; Consequences are God's" - Stonewall Jackson
Lone Star Bowhunters Association
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bounty-Hunter-Traditional-Arrows/136041049773118?v=wall&ref=sgm

Offline Flint

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Toy
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
Good deal, you have a good shooter at almost 1/4 the price...  Cabelas may have your cylinder at a reasonable price if the kit was a Pietta.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline All Hawks Kill

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
  • Clingy Christian Redneck Gun Owner!
Re: New Toy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:18:10 PM »
It is a Pietta and the cylinder is on order from Cabelas.  ;)   The other thing I need is new grips as they were not formed very well and are way skinny.  I've found a site that carries a lot of BP parts including all the parts for most of the Italian C-N-B revolvers and have the factory Pietta grips for $35 + shipping.  Not sure if it has been posted before or not so here it is.  http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/

Also find that Dixie Gun Works has a set for under $5 + shipping that you have to fit yourself.  Not sure which way I'll go, but either should be better than what is on it now.
"Duty is Our's; Consequences are God's" - Stonewall Jackson
Lone Star Bowhunters Association
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bounty-Hunter-Traditional-Arrows/136041049773118?v=wall&ref=sgm