Author Topic: Well, I got a new 44 mag. today.....  (Read 593 times)

Offline Mad Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Well, I got a new 44 mag. today.....
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
But it wasn't a handi rifle.  I got to handle a 44 mag trapper, a new handi SB-1 synthetic, and a CVA Scout.  The Synthetic handi, just didn't fit me.  I couldn't get the one shop to come down on the trapper[$300].  However, the other sho knocked off $38, off the price, and I got out for $300 + tax.  I've owned 2 CVA MLders, and both are/were very accurate.  The new scout has a 1 in 20 twist barrel, and the stock fit me like a glove.  I consulted with Spanky, before buying it.  Soo, I guess I'll keep posting here about my son's successes with his handis, and one day, will own one.....just not a 44 mag.  Thanks everybody for answering my questions, posted here, the last few days.  I really appreciated it.

Here is a pic, with a 4x leupold already installed and waiting to go shooting.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Well, I got a new 44 mag. today.....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:38:01 AM »
Congrats, looks good!!  ;) I've got a CVA Optima Elite with 7mm-08 and 6mm Ackley barrels, also had a 300 Win Mag barrel that I sold to Digger, all shoot great. Have a CVA Staghorn Magnum .45 cal that shoots excellent too,.... I just don't shoot them any more, too many Handis that I like to shoot more!  ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mad Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Well, I got a new 44 mag. today.....
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:43:23 AM »
Tim, you know, that blasted boy of mine has got me shooting more singleshots, than anything else, right now.  Ruger no. 1, 375 H&H mag, which goes to Africa, next summer.  The new scout, and my Wolf muzzleloader.  Even got a topper 410, that I've shot some squirrels with.  I definately see a handi 45-70 in my future, to go with my Marlin Guide Gun. ;) ;D

Mad Dog
Mad Dog