Author Topic: Optima Pro's  (Read 783 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Optima Pro's
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »
I have an Optima Pro, black spiderweb thumbhole stock, .50. Bought it new just before they quit making them. I haven't had a whole lot of chances to shoot it, due to health reasons, but plan on changing that real soon. Anyone else have one, and if so, how do you like it?

Offline randy_68

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Optima Pro's
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »
I had one just like that. It was a great shooter, very accurate and easy on the recoil. I sold it to a guy I work with and then bought the new Apex.  Accuracy wise they are the same, or at least for me they were. I shot 250 gr T/C Shockwaves over 2 pellets of Triple 7 (100 gr) and Winchester primers. It is the same load my Apex likes, both guns will shoot 3 shots in an inch at 100 yards(when I do my part). I only hunted with it 4 or 5 times in the couple of years that I owned it and did get a doe with it. I think it is a great m/l especially for the price. My Apex cost twice as much. Another guy I work with has one in the camo finish and he has shot 15 or 20 deer with his. He sold his T/C Encore and kept the CVA Optima Pro because it was more accurate.
NRA Life Member since 1976

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
I got rid of my Knight MK-85 to get mine. the Knight was a great rifle. Very accurate but I hated the safety systom. It was a pain to clean at times too. I have high hopes for my Optima.

Offline J. Plate

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 01:37:34 AM »
I've had my Optima Pro for a few years now. It's the black fleck stock with the 29" nickel barrel.   ML hunting doesn't get much respect in NY, so I haven't used it a ton.   Shoots really well, though, with the Powerbelt Platinum bullets in the 270 grain Aerotip over 100 grains of Triple Seven pellets.    Was shooting real tight groups last fall @ 100 yards with this set up.