Author Topic: Sending rifle off to Bushmaster  (Read 371 times)

Offline KansasPaul

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Sending rifle off to Bushmaster
« on: June 30, 2010, 04:49:46 PM »
Well, I've finally given up trying to get my AR15 to shoot anything close to a decent group.  The best group that have been able to attain was with 25.3 grains of H335, CCI primer and 55 grain Hornady soft point.  It measured 3" at a range of 75 yards. I had mounted a Leupold Mark 4 scope and I couldn't even get the scope sighted in because of the inconsistency.  Factory loads spread about 8"+.  So, sadly, back to Bushmaster it goes.  The sad thing is that my brother-in-law has the same rifle and my hand loads using 62 grain Sierra bullets group sub-MOA at 100 yards.

I just wanted to thank everyone who has provided both encouragement and input over the past couple of months - I truly value your experience and willingness to share your knowledge.  This site has been an awesome experience!

Thank You

Paul

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: Sending rifle off to Bushmaster
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »
Wow there really must be something wrong with that rifle for sure. I know they make good rifles you must of just got a lemmon. I hope they make it right for you. Take care Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline KansasPaul

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 06:12:25 AM »
I expect that it will take a while before I receive it back.  I do have to comment though, the customer service representatives I have corresponded with were awesome.  They didn't question my concerns at all - they gave me a return authorization and said "send it in right away and we'll have our gunsmith take a look at it".  I can't ask for more at this point.

Paul

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 03:12:26 AM »
they might surprise you. I had a problem with my new bushmaster 762x39 and sent it in and had it back fixed in less then 2 weeks.
blue lives matter

Offline KansasPaul

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »
Wow Lloyd, that is great turnaround. I really don't mind waiting, I just want to have the rifle shoot right whenever it is returned.  As I mentioned, I was surprised by the great customer service on the phone.  If that is an indicator, I'll be happy when it is returned.

Paul